Next Albion manager: the Glenn Hoddle discussion thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albionite

May 20, 2009
Do you care to explain this comment to me
? I think you will find he said EXACTLY what was reported as he reiterated it many times.

So what he believes in reincarnation and karma.
That's down to him anyone can have any crackpot ideas they like aslong as they doesn't impose it on anyone else.

APACHE

LONGTIME DIEHARD
Feb 18, 2011
THE PROMISED LAND-SUSSEX
Hoddle. Never managered in a relegation fight and been out of managerment for too long. Some of the names being posted are of the same, been in charge at the top end but have never had to fight it out at the bottom. We need someone who has been in a fight at the bottom, who knows what's needed, not someone who's always had million pound players at his call and not had to scrap it out at the bottom every week.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So what he believes in reincarnation and karma.
That's down to him anyone can have any crackpot ideas they like aslong as they doesn't impose it on anyone else.

So in your imaginary world, let's say you have child who is disabled and the highest profile football manager in the land tells you that it's his/ her fault for being disabled because he/ she is paying for misdemeanours in his/ her previous life.

How the f would you feel?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
...ticks every box as far as I can see (except, perhaps, for the one about speaking to the press about religious type stuff).

Pompus, Tick
Arrogant, Tick
Views on members of the same sex holding hands ?.... Awaiting guidance from God

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
ITV employed him despite his controversial religious comments many years ago. If he was offered the job i'm sure part of the contract would be to state that he would keep those said views to himself. I'm sure he regrets what he said now anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Glenn Hoddle understands football , just listening to him analysing games during the world cup was enough to convince me that he is currently a wasted talent.A tactically astute mind and an ability to read the game from the sidelines is exactly what we need at the moment.

Exactly and he wants to play football the right way. He may not have managed for a few years but he is back coaching at QPR I believe. I would prefer him to any of the out of work managers and that includes Pulis. Go get him Tony

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
ITV employed him despite his controversial religious comments many years ago. If he was offered the job i'm sure part of the contract would be to state that he would keep those said views to himself. I'm sure he regrets what he said now anyway.

This is football, no one EVER forgets.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Let's have no more pissing about, go and get Hoddle now...

.....with David Icke as his assistant? And we could ditch GOSBTS for 'Come on Eileen'.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'm all for any new manager being given a fair crack of the whip, a honeymoon period even.

Hoddle would get the first 45 minutes.

albionite

May 20, 2009
So in your imaginary world, let's say you have child who is disabled and the highest profile football manager in the land tells you that it's his/ her fault for being disabled because he/ she is paying for misdemeanours in his/ her previous life.

How the f would you feel?
Apart from thinking he is an idiot for making his believes public, I'm not sure I would care,as they are far from the mark in what I believe in.
Most relgious believes are daft to me but who am I to say they are wrong.
I would take a different view if he was violent, abusive, mean, ignored or just mistreated disabled people but I'm not aware he has done that.
He has made a stupid comment that is laughable as it is so absurd in which he paid for in losing his england job.

I don't see what it has do with managing Brighton now.
Time has moved on and I'm sure he has mostly behaved himself since. We all make mistakes and say things we shouldn't. It's an unusual believe for a born again Christian but isn't it normal for Buddhist to have this view good and bad deeds go rewarded or punished this life or future life's.

Why don't you tell me why you are so outraged in his believes?

phazza

Aug 17, 2012
...ticks every box as far as I can see (except, perhaps, for the one about speaking to the press about religious type stuff).

i'm with you. most players that played under him and then following managers have said he was the best they played under.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I would be very happy with Hoddle, just the sort of appointment that needs to be made to get people enthused again for the battle ahead

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
If he believes in karma he must have drowned a fair few kittens in a former life to be lined up for the Albion job. :angel:

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
18 odd years ago I said Tony Blair would make an excellent P.M.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, hope I'm not judged for it.

Hoddle would be superb at this club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yep this is football, so he should be judged on this rather irrelevant remarks ages ago.

Those remarks were not so irrelevant to a lot of the population of this country. It wasn't just disparaging disabled people, he was also into seances and such like. Why do you think no other team has employed him as a manager?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Apart from thinking he is an idiot for making his believes public, I'm not sure I would care,as they are far from the mark in what I believe in.
Most relgious believes are daft to me but who am I to say they are wrong.
I would take a different view if he was violent, abusive, mean, ignored or just mistreated disabled people but I'm not aware he has done that.
He has made a stupid comment that is laughable as it is so absurd in which he paid for in losing his england job.

I don't see what it has do with managing Brighton now.
Time has moved on and I'm sure he has mostly behaved himself since. We all make mistakes and say things we shouldn't. It's an unusual believe for a born again Christian but isn't it normal for Buddhist to have this view good and bad deeds go rewarded or punished this life or future life's.

Why don't you tell me why you are so outraged in his believes?

I think you probably know where I am coming from

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports