Next Albion manager: the Ally McCoist discussion thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
No money? They might have lost a couple of hundred million quid, but their budget will still have exceeded those of Montrose, Annan Athletic, East Stirling and Elgin Thistle etc by a quite embarrassing degree. That, and playing home games in front of 40,000 as opposed to their opponents' home gates of 400 meant that a trained chimpanzee could have got them their last two promotions.

He may well be a managerial genius, but I'm not convinced his record at Rangers is any true proof of it.

As far as I'm aware Rangers need to pay £8m by the 1/1/2015 or face another winding up order but I could be mistaken about the date. Mcoist has the ability to inspire and we could do with some of that. Whoever we do get I just hope we get someone with a mean streak, because Sammi didn't have it off the pitch and it showed.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
As I said elsewhere, if you thought Sami was bad, you ain't seen nothing yet. The worst manager in the history of really awful managers. His brand of "football" is eyewateringly neanderthal. He refuses to play any youngsters and relies on complacent old lags who he was pally with at the time of Rangers Mk 1 and lumping it up from the back into the mixer. He has no clue about tactics. He has absolutely no inspirational qualities. To be avoided at all costs.

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Ally is owed 750k in wages. Rangers do not have that money and are making it clear that he is being mercenary in submitting his notice knowing they cannot pay him off trying to put pressure on him saying he is ruining Rangers chance of survival.
Waving his present salary would give him a job with money, save Rangers from paying his pay off and more importantly not sour the great work he has done over the last few years with the fans.
Win win, and Ally is a good manager. Anyone managing to do what he has done with no money, immense pressure and still get results has what it takes to manage in the championship.

You really haven't been keeping abreast of developments up here if you think Fat Salary is a good manager and has had no money. Unless you're his agent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports