Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next 4 games

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Why talk about the next 4 fixtures ?

A more logical grouping would be the 5 fixtures between the 2 international breaks.

Preston (H)
Wolves (H)
Wigan (A)
Norwich (H)
Bristol City (A)

My target 11 points.

There's another international ****ing break?

I hate this stop/start early part of the season. It never feels like the season has got going properly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's another international ****ing break?

I hate this stop/start early part of the season. It never feels like the season has got going properly.
Yep. The current break is the 2nd of 3 this season before the end of the year.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I only tend to know a few fixtures in advance although, with an international break coming up, all I knew was that we were at home the following Saturday.

This thread has inspired me to check out our upcoming fixtures and it's rather good, isn't it? Or should be, anyway.

I quite like the Saturday/Tuesday home double-headers and Preston & Wolves gives us a real opportunity to get six points from the next two games. Following those up with an 'easy' (I know, I know) away game means the Norwich fixture is set to be a top-of-the-table-ish clash.

I'm really quite excited now!

For those as crap as me at these things, this is what's coming up:

SAT 15 OCT 2016 Brighton v Preston 15:00
TUE 18 OCT 2016 Brighton v Wolves 19:45
SAT 22 OCT 2016 Wigan v Brighton 15:00
SAT 29 OCT 2016 Brighton v Norwich 15:00

And Norwich have a midweek cup game before they play us.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
And Norwich have a midweek cup game before they play us.

Now that is good news. It'd be even better if they're playing someone decent and have to put a more-or-less full-strength team out, who will be knackered and not up to our intensity by the 29th, with their fifth game in 15 days.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Just bought my Wigan ticket, and whilst on the site thought I'd have a quick look at the sales for the Preston game, double figures only left for the traditionally empty west wings. I think some excitement is brewing amongst the fans now. Just hope we can build on this enthusiasm and push on from our recent good performances.
People should be enthusiastic and excited about this Albion team. It is essentially an upgraded version of the one that was so often excellent to watch last year and got 89pts.

There is still a bit of a lid on our crowds at the moment though at around the 26K level for home tickets sold. We can and do get 28, 29 and 30K but only for really big games and with a decent away following.

(NB Counting seats sold in WSL, and elsewhere in the ground, off the website has been very misleading this year in terms of predicting crowds as they obviously don't release all seats.)

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Wolves: They may possess talent that we don't know how they managed to buy without the help of Chinese £££, but they've been really inconsistent and if we get behind our lads, we'll coast to a good victory
Preston: Be careful with this one, they look to be on the up now
Wigan: Everytime Grigg gets dispossessed/clattered by Duffy/Dunk/Goldson, we should sing "Albion/Duffy/Dunky/Goldson's on fire, Will Grigg is terrified" :lolol: in addition, let's try to invent ironic songs about Max Power if he stinks against us
Norwich: Try to sing anti-Pritchard songs if he comes out as a sub?

Last edited:

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Preston have an interesting next four games coming up:

Brighton (A)
Huddersfield (H)
Norwich (A)
Newcastle (A)

I wonder how many points they are expecting?

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Why talk about the next 4 fixtures ?

A more logical grouping would be the 5 fixtures between the 2 international breaks.

Preston (H)
Wolves (H)
Wigan (A)
Norwich (H)
Bristol City (A)

My target 11 points.

And then anther 2 home games...

Aston Villa (H)
Fulham (H)

17 points from the next 7

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I think finally winning at Wednesday :lolol: will be a MASSIVE confidence booster to the squad. Especially as we did it without BK and DS. There will surely be a feeling that if we can play that well and win comfortably there then we can win any game. As a fan it certainly feels like that, without getting over confident. The cliche is true that there are no easy games in the division but there are certainly harder games and (psychologically for us) we've just won the hardest.

Piss off international break and let's get on with it. :albion2:

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
How about, when we score, the PA tells us the name of the player that scored, and then they repeat the first name and we have to remember the surname and we all shout it. If we get it right, they play music over the PA!

Lets not do that because that would be TINPOT.

(PS was this joke lost on others???)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Whenever I read that word I always feel that it should be a rather nasty sexual disease. As in "I'm suffering from a bout of vuvuzela, I'd better take a trip to the clinic and get it sorted."

I entirely agree with you. My post, as I'm sure you will have noticed, was completely sarcastic!

Stumpy Tim

Just bought my Wigan ticket, and whilst on the site thought I'd have a quick look at the sales for the Preston game, double figures only left for the traditionally empty west wings. I think some excitement is brewing amongst the fans now. Just hope we can build on this enthusiasm and push on from our recent good performances.

They do have the £15 deal for 1 adult & kid. Good idea that one

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yikes - We can drop down to 6th on Friday night if Bristol City and Birmingham both win their games.

No pressure for a win v Preston then.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here