Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Next 4 Fixtures then...

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Automatic promotion has gone. The play-offs is fast becoming a distant dream. We will finish 10th to 12th, as long as we don't totally implode. Keep the transfer money in the pocket in January and plan for a big push next season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Automatic promotion has gone. The play-offs is fast becoming a distant dream. We will finish 10th to 12th, as long as we don't totally implode. Keep the transfer money in the pocket in January and plan for a big push next season
Actually automatic promotion hasn't gone, but we need to turn things around today, not in February.

We are probably 6 points behind Hull and 5 behind Derby, so let's not wave that white flag just yet

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Blackburn would be far from easy, even if we were on form and full of confidence.

They have only lost at home twice all season - the first was on opening day, and the second was a 1-0 defeat to Burnley, back before Burnley had their dip in form. Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday have all failed to win at Blackburn this season.

I'll be honest - I'm not optimistic of us coming back with a morale-boosting three points.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Automatic Promotion would require a minimum of 9 points
Playoffs a minimum of 5
Under 5 from the next 4 games and it will see us slip to around 9th i reckon .

I reckon we will get 7 from 12 keeping us in 6th

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Blackburn would be far from easy, even if we were on form and full of confidence.

They have only lost at home twice all season - the first was on opening day, and the second was a 1-0 defeat to Burnley, back before Burnley had their dip in form. Derby, Ipswich and Sheffield Wednesday have all failed to win at Blackburn this season.

I'll be honest - I'm not optimistic of us coming back with a morale-boosting three points.

Exactly, there are no easy games. We MUST cut out the errors. Yesterday we gave 2 gifts. We also hit the post and missed some good opportunities. The result could have been a lot different. The second half performance gives some cause for optimism.

I would take a draw at Blackburn, no injuries and a decent performance. We can then be on our way again.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Actually automatic promotion hasn't gone, but we need to turn things around today, not in February.

We are probably 6 points behind Hull and 5 behind Derby, so let's not wave that white flag just yet

Both those sides are in reasonably good form, and both I would say will go on to get at least 1.75 pts per game, which is below their current rate of 1.9 pts per game. If they both do that they'll both reach 84 points. My hunch is 2nd spot will be more like 88, 89 points, but lets say 84.

That means we will need 40 points from 20 games I reckon. Our first 20 games delivered 42 points, so it ain't impossible, but from now until the end we are going to need to match those first 20 games.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It is obviously hard to be certain but a starting point for what is different is that we are still missing the exceptional contributions of KLL and Solly March. They were instrumental in the run that took us to the top of the table and we have missed them very badly.

We have certainly missed their ability to run at defenders, pull opposition players out of position, and create gaps for our strikers.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Both those sides are in reasonably good form, and both I would say will go on to get at least 1.75 pts per game, which is below their current rate of 1.9 pts per game. If they both do that they'll both reach 84 points. My hunch is 2nd spot will be more like 88, 89 points, but lets say 84.

That means we will need 40 points from 20 games I reckon. Our first 20 games delivered 42 points, so it ain't impossible, but from now until the end we are going to need to match those first 20 games.

A tall order.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Huddersfield last 5 games W3 L1 D1 For 13 Against 6, that is no EASY game now

On fire, Huddersfield at the moment, buoyed by their result last night too. Brentford of course was always going to be a difficult game, and even lowly Bolton will be fighting for their lives.

To win any of those games we are going to need to score at least one goal, and it seems like we have forgotten how to do that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here