Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Next 10 league games ?

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Reflecting on our current position and our start to the league this season, if you could have 5 wins and 5 defeats from the next 10 league games, how would you take the 15 points ?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
er, where do the other 5 come from or are they the start of next season?

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I would take the five defeats now so we could start next season on the front foot as we mount a serious title challenge with several new players boosting the overall quality of the squad.

Our current lack of victories and poor away form really highlights for me how far away we are from having a premier league squad. In many ways going up could have an adverse effect on the clubs development because I couldn't see us getting anymore then twenty points in the top league unless we signed at least six quality players who all gelled and we made a good start.

So give me fifteen points from five games next season.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
You took the words right out of my mouth fly high. Strange question really.

I think that was the whole point, though the question would make more sense with 6. I.e. would you take three wins to get into the playoffs and 3 more to win the playoffs, or 5 defeats now, followed by 6 wins at the start of next season in the championship.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think that was the whole point, though the question would make more sense with 6. I.e. would you take three wins to get into the playoffs and 3 more to win the playoffs, or 5 defeats now, followed by 6 wins at the start of next season in the championship.

Yes that makes a lot more sense. (being a bit thick this morning through lack of sleep) The answer - is I'd take three wins to get into the playoffs and 3 more to win the playoffs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I would take the five defeats now so we could start next season on the front foot as we mount a serious title challenge with several new players boosting the overall quality of the squad.

Our current lack of victories and poor away form really highlights for me how far away we are from having a premier league squad. In many ways going up could have an adverse effect on the clubs development because I couldn't see us getting anymore then twenty points in the top league unless we signed at least six quality players who all gelled and we made a good start.

So give me fifteen points from five games next season.

Getting a good start is no guarantee of success, as this season has shown. Poyet got Manager of the Month for August, we were in top position not losing a game for 6 matches. I don't want to write this season off yet.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Getting a good start is no guarantee of success, as this season has shown. Poyet got Manager of the Month for August, we were in top position not losing a game for 6 matches. I don't want to write this season off yet.

Never said it was, but we are a long way off from being ready for the Premier league, would rather have at least one more season in the Championship to build towards the Premier league. I wouldn't want to go up and get thumped most weeks.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Never said it was, but we are a long way off from being ready for the Premier league, would rather have at least one more season in the Championship to build towards the Premier league. I wouldn't want to go up and get thumped most weeks.

I agree but still want to enjoy the remaining 5 games with something to play for. I don't want to fork out my money to see 5 losses.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
My 10 :

Reading - WIN
West Ham - defeat
Watford - WIN
Birmingham - WIN
Barnsley - defeat

(Qualify for playoffs)

Home - WIN
Away - defeat

(Qualify for final)

Final - WIN

-------

Then start with 2 matches we'd perhaps be expected to lose whenever they were in the season :

Arsenal (away) - defeat
Man Utd (home) - defeat

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
My 10 :

Reading - WIN
West Ham - defeat
Watford - WIN
Birmingham - WIN
Barnsley - defeat

(Qualify for playoffs)

Home - WIN
Away - defeat

(Qualify for final)

Final - WIN

-------

Then start with 2 matches we'd perhaps be expected to lose whenever they were in the season :

Arsenal (away) - defeat
Man Utd (home) - defeat

This, but lose to Birmingham instead of Barnsley so we sneak into the play-offs on the last day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here