Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] News on Jose Izqueirdo tonight?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Pretty sure this Richie Mills character has form for doing this exact same thing previously, ie teased some embargoed big news story and it turned out it was a player had picked up a training injury or similar.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pretty sure this Richie Mills character has form for doing this exact same thing previously, ie teased some embargoed big news story and it turned out it was a player had picked up a training injury or similar.

A sort of modern day equivalent of the Seagull Line?

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Yeah he’s off surely. Hardly featured.

Funnily enough the one sub appearance he made the other week he came on and had a couple of good sprints and a 30 yard effort on goal.

Then never made an appearance again. I suspect we aren’t going to renew his contract and he’s had an offer to go elsewhere. Sad, but the club comes first.
Tau actually does something and hardly plays :shrug: Maupay was in desperate need of being dropped that didn’t happen and not surprisingly he erupted. Strange decisions.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That rings a bell, something to do with Lamptey’s hamstring I think?!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Well its caused 3 pages of a guessing game at our expense.
I can't imagine this'll compete with the Alex Pritchard yes or no game......

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I'd like to think that maybe we won't give him a new contract but that he'll be welcome to hang around as if he was "on trial" with the view of earning a new contract still a bit further down the line? Can't see anyone else going in for him and we have paid him surely quite handsomely for 2 seasons (no blame attached to him).

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto

My understanding is that the club embargoes a lot of stuff from their press conferences, usually pretty run of the mill stuff.

By saying 'I have a story that is embargoed' it does make it seem like it's juicy when in reality it could be pretty dull.

Will have to wait and see if this guy is just trying to drum up interest in a story or if this news is actually big.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
It's the written section of the press conference. Broadcast section is available to write about immediately, written section is embargoed until 10:30pm. It's the rules set by the club. Whatever it is, they'll all (Naylor, Richie, Brian Owen) tweet about it the second it is allowed to be released.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here