Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newport v Blackburn LIVE on TV

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Poor away following from Blackburn or do the poor sods that have travelled to a different country on a cold winter's evening deserve medals for what looks likely now to be a cup upset?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Whenever I think of Newport, I always think of this game. There must be people in Newport now still wondering how the hell they didn't manage to score... The band Flyscreen even wrote a song about it ('Carl Zeiss Jena Broke My Heart').

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
On a slight aside, just watched Series 2 of Hinterland.....not bad at all.

o-HINTERLAND-570.jpg

Whenever I think of Newport, I always think of this game. There must be people in Newport now still wondering how the hell they didn't manage to score... The band Flyscreen even wrote a song about it ('Carl Zeiss Jena Broke My Heart').

The two teams have taken to playing annual friendly matches to commemorate a high spot in each team's history.

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Brighton born lad Joe Day ,playing in goal for Newport tonight! A good young keeper! Family friend and a top fella! Good luck Joe!

J2 DOG

Feb 28, 2009
Hove
Another one of many at similar age( 2 other talented local youngsters,one at Arsenal,the other at Chelsea) who strangely slipped the net! We are talking pre Amex and Lancing days though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here