Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newport kid

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I had to move seats for the second half as you were giving me a headache. Although your "Oh my god, they killed Kemy" was amusing.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I thought "You're just a shit Barry Island" was pretty good, ironic too if you've ever been to Barry.

:)

Oh was that what it was?

I could understand the "You're just a shit..." part of the chant (mainly by recognition of the tune) but the last bit had been an incomprehensible mystery until now.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Oh was that what it was?

I could understand the "You're just a shit..." part of the chant (mainly by recognition of the tune) but the last bit had been an incomprehensible mystery until now.

I actually thought they were singing "You're just a shit Panorama" :facepalm:

Feb 14, 2010
Just wanted to say as a Brighton fan I was made up for newport last night. I remember them in the football league and they were ignored when they went under.We made one hell of a stink when Archer came along and we lost the goldstone. Leaving aside the York City game, I was one of those that did the walk outs, the fans united, the sit ins at Orient, the BISA meetings in The Concorde in Brighton, Shoreham and Hastings, as well as all the rest. After we did our bit, we got lucky with Tony Bloom. But Newport have been there, had it rougher than even us, and I've never looked at the score and thought, "you know what, but bloody good on 'em for beating us". So good on you Newport County, all the bloody best. I want to see them promoted and a cup run. Bloody great story that they are back.

Just wanted to say as a Brighton fan I was made up for newport last night. I remember them in the football league and they were ignored when they went under.We made one hell of a stink when Archer came along and we lost the goldstone. Leaving aside the York City game, I was one of those that did the walk outs, the fans united, the sit ins at Orient, the BISA meetings in The Concorde in Brighton, Shoreham and Hastings, as well as all the rest. After we did our bit, we got lucky with Tony Bloom. But Newport have been there, had it rougher than even us, and I've never looked at the score and thought, "you know what, but bloody good on 'em for beating us". So good on you Newport County, all the bloody best. I want to see them promoted and a cup run. Bloody great story that they are back.
I'm happy that someone else thinks that.

... although slightly depressed that the Albion put on such a poor show.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I was in the west lower and even from that distant (without my glasses) could see somebody absolutely w@nkered in the newport end, swaying about all over the shop. How any Newport fan can complain it is heavy handed to remove him, is beyond me. Liked the 2 Newport fans giving the "come on" gestures to rows if empty seats in the sour, hilarious.
If you need glasses to see into the opposition stand how can you watch the football when the ball is down that way?

I thought the Newport fans were loud and helped create an atmosphere. They respected the poem before the match and joint in with the minutes applause. I wish them the best of luck for the rest of the season.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Sounds like some of their staff a right bunch of :wanker: but most their fans seemed ok. If I hated everyone that sung homophobic songs towards Brighton I would be a very miserable person.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Our coach driver said he saw a couple of Newport fans hiding under there coach during part of the game! Did any one else see this!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here