Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newport County sign Barker

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that he will do good for them as that is hi standard. I am surprised his hometown club Portsmouth havent signed him on loan although there was talk of it earlier in the season..

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
You can't hold back a players career because of a grudge.

Good luck to him. I hope he does well. But that's about the level of players we produce at the moment. Still a bloody good level of football for any young man.

Yes, JFC and Rohan Ince have shown that DS players will never cut it at Champioship level. Oh, wait a minute...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yes, JFC and Rohan Ince have shown that DS players will never cut it at Champioship level. Oh, wait a minute...

And Solly March still to come. I've an idea that in time he could prove to be the best of the three.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I will be at the Oxford-Newport game on Tuesday, so will keep an eye on Barker.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
He'll need to improve his attitude first if his loan spell at Newport will be a success. Barnet sent him back early because he allegedly couldn't be bothered to travel to Dagenham. I expect he'll be released soon if his time at the Welsh club doesn't work out.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

And we produced Ince? No we got him from Chelsea!

JFC joined as his step dad played for us

March joined from Hastings I believe at the age of 16

Non of which I would say have been slowly nurchured into Albion players. However the work being done in the ads is fantastic. But we are only producing players who have been let go by other clubs. There loss is our gain.

Anyway it's been a couple of years since we have brought a centre back into the starting 11 must be a new one on the production line.

He'll need to improve his attitude first if his loan spell at Newport will be a success. Barnet sent him back early because he allegedly couldn't be bothered to travel to Dagenham. I expect he'll be released soon if his time at the Welsh club doesn't work out.
He's only at Newport until the New Year, covering for injuries.

He'll get on in the second half, once he's had a chance to catch a glimpse of County's style of play. Probably when Danny Crow comes off. Crow has only scored four goals this season (two against the Albion, as it happens).
Well ... that prediction came true tonight. Barker came on after 66 minutes.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
And we produced Ince? No we got him from Chelsea!

JFC joined as his step dad played for us

March joined from Hastings I believe at the age of 16.

They were all DS Squad players for over a year before they progressed to 1st team. March has been with us for 2 or 3 years starting in the youth squad, then the DS.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
March joined from Hastings I believe at the age of 16
QUOTE]

nope, came from Lewes.
right both times n'est ce pas?

Joined us at 16 from Hastings then we let him go - Lewes picked him up and after a good season for them we re-signed him............ at least I'm pretty sure that is how it went

Unused sub today. Looks like another failed loan spell at a league two club for Barker.

I headed to Newport today (91st ground of the current 92) and was hoping to see Barker, but the way the game went with Newport taking the lead it looked unlikely he would even get a cameo as for a big chunk of the game Newport were defending a 1 goal lead, coming under increased pressure from Cheatersfield where the midfield needed bolstering rather than our Barker coming on.

As it turns out Cheatersfield drew level but shortly then went down to 10 giving away a pen and Newport capitalised to go 2-1 up after the pen and then 3-1 which was needed as 10-men Cheaterfield scored a late second for a nervy injury-time.

Hope George gets some game time soon. Newport look pretty reasonable for the level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here