Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newhaven

Jan 30, 2008
top shop just down there on the right

we used to nick bottles of pop out of there and even had the front to try and get a refund on the bottle tops

until the bloke went over to count the bottles,chased us half way down Gibbon Road :lol:
run by indians now
regards
DR

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
14628823.jpg

used to take this short cut when I lived in Gibbon Road and was shagging a bird down the Valley estate

TMI.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Newhaven was a dump 50 years ago,and probably always will be.Used to work in Avis Way-sad when a industrial estate is the nicest part of a town!The local girls were definitely the best Sussex Shags though:eek:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Newhaven was a dump 50 years ago,and probably always will be.Used to work in Avis Way-sad when a industrial estate is the nicest part of a town!The local girls were definitely the best Sussex Shags though:eek:

You clearly didn't see much of the town if you think that's the case, and it doesn't help us when people run the town down with such "facts".

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
A town dying on its feet? I hear the co op is closing but on the plus side you now have a polish shop to go to,o looking shabby and tired IMHO ,what are LDC doing about it ???
regards
DR

although the place is practically on my doorstep i rarely use it ,not enough anyway. the quay has a good feel about it especially in the summer time though it certainly could do with a few more bars/ restaurants..
i did hear that they were thinking about doing away with it's ferry service, if so that would be a great shame. and tell us mate do the frogs still own a slice of that beach ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
although the place is practically on my doorstep i rarely use it ,not enough anyway. the quay has a good feel about it especially in the summer time though it certainly could do with a few more bars/ restaurants..
i did hear that they were thinking about doing away with it's ferry service, if so that would be a great shame. and tell us mate do the frogs still own a slice of that beach ?

The 'frogs' as you eloquently phrase it, own the whole harbour, which includes that beach.

The Co-op has moved but is still in Newhaven.

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
The 'frogs' as you eloquently phrase it, own the whole harbour, which includes that beach.

The Co-op has moved but is still in Newhaven.

forgive me as i i do not know the history between us and the french with newhaven,
why do they own the harbour and what is the agreement ?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There's a new fish restaurant opening at Bickerstaffs.

Jan 30, 2008
I believe they still do , I'm sure someone from Newhaven can confirm as they already have !
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here