getlstd-property-photo.jpg

Bird droppings??

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Good things about Newhaven.

The Biltong Shop
You can get to France
Excellent for practicing emergency stops when heavily intoxicated teenagers stagger into the main road.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Lovely walks up the Ouse. Gig rowing from the harbour. Newhaven Fort. One of the few sandy beaches in Sussex (it's a disgrace that's not accessible). Piddinghoe Pond. Gateway to Europe.

If it's good enough for Ho Chi Minh.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
As you have never had the pleasure of visiting Sussex

I'd like to inform you it's the best town in the county

You can even catch a boat to France from there

It's famous for the ill fated raid on Dieppe in1942 (my grandfather actually took part in)

Ho Chi Minh has a plaque there

And one of the French kings stayed at the Bridge Inn,when on the run

Lord Lucan

Wreckless Eric

Billy Idol

I could go on

I'm originally from Turkey Town (east of the river)

Yes,your probably hear allsorts on here,but it's the best Town in Sussex :thumbsup:

Billy Idol?
I didn’t know he had any connections to here.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
When did you escape Sid? :)

I was quite young to be fair. I was 16, had gone to Meeching Valley and Tideway (as they then were), my mum moved to Lewes when I finished school and then I went off to university.

I went to a game at Newhaven FC last season, when I was stuck at home by a series of unlikely events, the goalie (I want to say his name's Ryan but it's just fallen out of my head) was in my year at school. I probably did play football with him but have no recollection of it. I do remember playing football with a rock with a few people when none of us had a ball :lolol:

I seem to remember being forced to go to meetings, for want of a better word, vaguely related to that Our Newhaven site. But in true surly teenager fashion I contributed nothing and can't remember what they were actually about.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to a game at Newhaven FC last season, when I was stuck at home by a series of unlikely events, the goalie (I want to say his name's Ryan but it's just fallen out of my head) was in my year at school. I probably did play football with him but have no recollection of it. I do remember playing football with a rock with a few people when none of us had a ball :lolol:

The first team keeper is called Jake.
I enjoy going to Newhaven FC, I struggle getting home sometimes :drink:

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
The first team keeper is called Jake.
I enjoy going to Newhaven FC, I struggle getting home sometimes :drink:

Oh yes, of course it is. Maybe I'm going senile. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he kept wicket on the couple of occasions I played cricket with him.

I really enjoyed it, unfortunately I think it was the last game before another lockdown came in so I've not been since. I did go to a game once when I was very young, I assume my sister was going out with one of the players at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here