Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newhaven incinerator march

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Anyone going along tomorrow? If we can protest about a lack of progress on a football stadium we should also make our views known about an awful lot of progress on a project that will spew toxic fumes across East Sussex and possibly give us cancer in the process. :)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Is this in support or against ? :D

With all these marches, its hard trying to keep up.

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Has this march been particularely well-publicised?

See, I live in Newhaven and this is the first mention of it that I've heard anywhere.

Monkey Man

Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Not sure if it's actually a march or just a rally.

Tomorrow lunctime at Hillcrest. There's a small bit about it in the Leader and also some info on the DOVE website.

Stendahl

May 5, 2004
I used to live next door to the one in Deptford, presumably bigger than the one proposed in Newhaven. It never spewed out the toxic smoke I expected, in fact I was (obviously) against it originally but then forgot about it as soon as it was built. The EU pollution regs are bloody strict nowadays, and yes I did look into what actually happens inside the plant, at the time some 10 years ago.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Ned and Yorkie used to live next to one in Yorkshire.Ned is a bad asthmatic yet he didn't suffer from the effects of the incinerator.Providing they stick to the strict guidelines, it is the way forward.Landfill sites just can't cope with the amount of crap we throw away.Manufacturers could certainly help though, by reducing the amount of packaging.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Presume the march is to support it .... just what Newhaven needs to improve the area.

Monkey Man

Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Stendahl said:
The EU pollution regs are bloody strict nowadays, and yes I did look into what actually happens inside the plant, at the time some 10 years ago.

They can't be that strict. Ever passed through Port Talbot?

:sick:

Dandyman

In London village.
Bakesy said:
Ned and Yorkie used to live next to one in Yorkshire.Ned is a bad asthmatic yet he didn't suffer from the effects of the incinerator.Providing they stick to the strict guidelines, it is the way forward.Landfill sites just can't cope with the amount of crap we throw away.Manufacturers could certainly help though, by reducing the amount of packaging.

and how many lorries endlessly trundling down the Ouse valley will it take to keep it going ? Why (yet again) are decisions being made in secret by ESCC and B&H Council ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here