Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newhaven harbour flooded tracks

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I thought you were looking for songs to sing along to while Newhaven sinks into the channel.

I was going to suggest " bridge over troubled water" or "old Noah he built a boat" but I won't now.

Flood on the Tracks?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would still rather live in a flooded Newhaven than live in Essex!!

Leigh is on one of the few hills in these parts. He will have commanding views of The Isle of Sheppey and the QEII bridge. Is your swing bridge still stuck on closed trapping all those desperate mariners in your soggy harbour? I used to have it off with a bird whose parents owned a hotel on the outskirts of your little piece of heaven. It was permanently empty. Can't think why.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The transport manager has tweeted that the trains won't be running tomorrow, so it's the Racecourse P&R for me.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Additional buses requested - but it's going to be right given the amount of buses and coaches already booked for matchday services.

Best option is to travel via Brighton - leave earlier and go to the pub in Brighton !!

Won't be fixed for a while, signalling is screwed and some trackbed is washed away.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
They have rail replacement busses anyway so it's not too much of a problem, will take a while longer but ill enjoy the bus beer

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here