Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle V Fulham championship opener tonight - who do you want to win?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well Fulham took us apart pre season and now beating the winners of the Championship 2017, maybe they are the dark horses this year?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Well for me that was fantastic to teach the arrogant (rich) toon supporters this is no walk, it's a fight.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
#RafaOut

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Love it Sky commentator banging on about Newcastle when interviewing Fulham players :lolol:

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Love it Sky commentator banging on about Newcastle when interviewing Fulham players :lolol:

Is this any surprise - it was all Boro last season. I find it amazing that there isnt someone in the media companies who sort of works out that a) there are 23 other teams in this division; b) occasionally one of them might beat the Chosen One; c) that the record of relegated teams that have spent a few years in Premiership getting straight back isn't great. Last season, Burnley, Hull and QPR were not the Chosen One. That went to Boro after the 15 PO defeat and they never changed, which is just one of the many reasons that 1-1 still irks.

wallyback

Jun 22, 2011
Brighton
My £10 on Fulham money will spent! It has turned into £40 :)

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I just don't get the wet dreams over Newcastle by the media and bookies.

Ground was a shithole when they were nothing in the early nineties. 12,000 fans attending then? :shrug: Hopefully they'll spend a few years going to Barnsley, Rotherham, Burton and Walsall on Tuesday nights.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Well for me that was fantastic to teach the arrogant (rich) toon supporters this is no walk, it's a fight.

Its a harder league than the prem - Welcome to the Championship Newcastle. You just can't turn up with all your money and expect to win.

StillHateBellotti

Jun 17, 2011
Eastbourne
"The Toon were purely belta on Friday, like in The Toon Championship!".

Shocking, ha ha and welcome to the Championship ;). Second biggest club in the world after Sheffield Wednesday....

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Newcastle too big to slum it in the first round of the League Cup so they've got to wait eight days until their next game and dwell on this defeat. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here