Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle v Crystal Palace: what do you want?

Newcastle v Crystal Palace: what do you want?

• Newcastle win

Votes: 38 16.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 143 62.2%
  • Palace win

Votes: 49 21.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Definitely Newcastle win.

Best route to us getting above both of them ASAP and with the bonus of enjoying a Palace defeat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I always vote for a draw when it is teams below us, but when it is between two above us and caching the lower is in our grasp, and this would benefit us.....the best outcome would be a Palarse win. However there is a chance we could catch both, so as long as Newcastle don't win, I'll be sanguine.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Draw and at least eight sending's off, oh and Mr Tumble to throw a strop and decide football's not for him.

Funny you should bring that up - its literally the day after ANOTHER transfer window closes. It is traditional for him to have a bit of a paddy for a few weeks around now.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Very interesting to see the mathematical defence of a Newcastle win. That seems to me to be an extreme example of wanting something for one reason and justifying it with a different explanation, and one that isn't correct. If either team wins that means rivals lose 3 points and gain 3. If there is a draw rivals lose 4 points and gain 2. The only time it makes mathematical sense to back a win for one side is when only one is a relegation rival and the other is way up the league (Citeh versus Wolves, perhaps).

I have a feeling these threads are part of a psychology project. I look forward to reading the publication.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Draw so we can make up 2 points on both when we win on Wednesday.

Or at least, only fall one point behind each of them, if we lose tomorrow!

I'm undecided about what I want.

The only thing CERTAIN about this match, is that there's no chance I'll be watching it. The worst two teams in the league to watch. It will be utterly DISMAL, whatever the score.

United v Southampton should be a much better game.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
As it's not exactly good form to wish injuries on players, may I opt for a 30 man brawl, 5 red cards each, match abandoned after 82 minutes and a 5 point deduction for both teams?

Or a draw, obvs.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Very interesting to see the mathematical defence of a Newcastle win. That seems to me to be an extreme example of wanting something for one reason and justifying it with a different explanation, and one that isn't correct. If either team wins that means rivals lose 3 points and gain 3. If there is a draw rivals lose 4 points and gain 2. The only time it makes mathematical sense to back a win for one side is when only one is a relegation rival and the other is way up the league (Citeh versus Wolves, perhaps).

I have a feeling these threads are part of a psychology project. I look forward to reading the publication.
We are 1pt behind Newcastle and 5pts behind Palace.

The mathematically quickest route to what I want (being above both of these teams who aren't anywhere near as good as us) is provided by a Newcastle win.

(You are right though that my mathematical rationale is secondary to the appeal of a mood boost lasting several hours that results every time Crystal Palace lose a football match.:) )

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Who cares! We don't have to worry about other teams. Besides, I think we'll finish above them both.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Brighton first and foremost - zero points for Newcastle keeps them one draw from going below us. Putting someone between us and relegation places (even on goal difference) could be massive in terms of confidence - a boost for us and damaging for them.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This. Question hardly needs asking as draw means one point goes begging. As the League positions by the end of the season (and even now) almost exactly match number of wins, it is far better for neither side to register one.

Yes, this is always my view. That's a point neither side will EVER get back.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We are 1pt behind Newcastle and 5pts behind Palace.

The mathematically quickest route to what I want (being above both of these teams who aren't anywhere near as good as us) is provided by a Newcastle win.

(You are right though that my mathematical rationale is secondary to the appeal of a mood boost lasting several hours that results every time Crystal Palace lose a football match.:) )

Lol!

OK, if Newcastle win they go 4 points above us and Palace stay at 5. To overhaul one of them on points (forget goal difference) requires we need to make up 5 points. To go above both we need to make up 6 points.

If Place win they go 8 points above us and Newcastle stay at 1. To go above one of them we need to make up 2 points, and to go above them both, 8.

If it is a draw, they will be 2 and 6 points above us, and we need 3 and 7 points to go above one and both.

So, mathematically the quickest route to being where you want to be (above both) is indeed a Newcastle win. The quickest route to being where I want to be (above one of them) is a Palace win, and my quickest route is quicker than your quickest route. :wink:

:thumbsup:

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Draw because that's the correct answer but with a couple of sending offs oh and a boring 0-0

Where Place are currently in the league is where we should be I always think goal difference is a true reflection of a teams ability and if GP has finally found the players for the roles then I expect us to rapidly move up the table

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here