Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle v Chelsea thoughts?

Oct 18, 2020
Wales
C71C04E4-CF4C-4262-A9D1-1C4B56D832E9.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We scored 4 against United and 5 against Leicester, and we didn't even have a striker who could score.

Chelsea didn't have those chances tonight, their tactics just didn't work. But that's not to say that Potters teams don't usually create chances.
Look back over the last three seasons to see how many times we scored over two goals. Of course you can pluck a couple of performances but on average it was very low.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Chelsea boss Graham Potter, speaking to BBC Match of the Day: "It was a tough game for us. Losing Ruben and Aspi at half-time. You can see in the two teams the different schedules. Newcastle have one game a week and we have a tough schedule. That showed. But there were also too many enforced errors. We got through a few times but we didn't have enough quality.

Blaming the schedule now...
If I were a Chelsea fan, I’d be very, very worried reading that.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Shame it wasn’t at the bridge imagine the peters he would be getting from them tonight.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I have a theory that is as likely as the flat earth‘s people

As we all know TB is a professional poker player. What if he wanted to replace Potter with DeZerbi all along.
hears a rumour that Thomas Tuchel was going to be chopped. Tells PB to go on talk sport and in every interview and big up GP. Chelsea owner falls for it and offers us what we want to take him. We look like wounded party and Tony get’s his man. A bit of a gamble, but would be bloody amazing if true. 😄

Last edited:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
2 games after World Cup Bournemouth and Forest........lose both and he'll be sacked
And this has all made for a lovely relaxing Xmas in the Potter household. And the works Xmas party could be a little subdued for the non playing staff particularly for Bruno and Roberts who'll be wondering whether the boss will be taking them on to the next job?

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Well. Even Chelsea’s xG is shit. Not sure bunging a few local journos and employing a few bots to relentlessly talk up the manager will win their fanbase over during this latest run of his.

Glad we've moved on, hopefully to bigger and better things.

Very annoying how organised Howe has got Newcastle so soon after the takeover though

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Where's the fake swede to tell us we are all wrong :moo:
Like most root vegetables who have been in the hot kitchen too long, shrivelled up to cinders

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo

As we all know TB is a professional poker player. What if he wanted to replace Potter with DeZerbi all along.
hears a rumour that Thomas Tuchel was going to be chopped. Tells PB to go on talk sport and and every interview and big up GP. Chelsea owner falls for it and offers us what we want to take him. We look like wounded party and Tony get’s his man. A bit of a gamble, but would be bloody amazing if true. 😄
That’s my kind of maverick outlandish theorising... I love it.

Obviously, it’s all plausible and doubtless true.

Those clever buggers, played Chelsea like a cheap fender copy whilst bar chording smoke on the water. Delicious.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
.....and a Happy Christmas to all the merry revisionists on here too!

Potter was rubbish, is rubbish, always will be rubbish, yes? Tick

Good luck with your next projects ......................
Nelsn lost the Battle of Trafalgar? .... Tick
William the Conqueror was smashed to smithereens stupidly trying to win a battle near Hastings? - Tick
Trump didn't lose the election? - Tick
Injecting Domestos cures Covis? - Tick................

DataPoint

Mar 31, 2015

hears a rumour that Thomas Tuchel was going to be chopped. Tells PB to go on talk sport and and every interview and big up GP. Chelsea owner falls for it and offers us what we want to take him. We look like wounded party and Tony get’s his man. A bit of a gamble, but would be bloody amazing if true. 😄
You mean Columbo plot? Sounds reasonable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here