Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Newcastle United

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Cardiff will drop.

Unsure about the other two clubs.

Ashley’s tight, but if his investment is at risk by Xmas, he will invest in players in January to keep them up. Otherwise he has no chance of finding a buyer willing to pay £300m.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
They've got the look of relegation about them already.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I do wonder about this.

Newcastle are in the top division, in a healthy financial place, playing decent football and have a Champions League winning manager.

Why do they hate Mike Ashley so much?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I do wonder about this.

Newcastle are in the top division, in a healthy financial place, playing decent football and have a Champions League winning manager.

They weren't pleased with him sacking Hughton! Apart from that, isn't it just that they don't think he's spending enough, or is it more than that?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I do wonder about this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think of everything Tony Bloom says and does about the club he owns.
Mike Ashley is the exact opposite.

Mike Ashley vomited into fireplace at pub meeting, court told
https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/jul/03/sports-direct-founder-pubs-mike-ashley

You would think, like us & Tony, Ashley and the Geordies were a marriage made in heaven.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
They weren't pleased with him sacking Hughton! Apart from that, isn't it just that they don't think he's spending enough, or is it more than that?

It's partly the spending (or perceived lack of it) and Ashley's attitude and personality. But, it's mainly the apparent lack of investment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here