[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can anyone who was there post a couple of photos of the gratis t-shirt they gave out?

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpeg
    IMG_0712.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 116

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
What a great weekend away (and I’m still here). I wore my colours all day in the city centre with not a murmur from anyone, except from weirdos in mufti who whispered “sea-siders” to me as they walked by. Dunno why they were in disguise. Nattered to various Geordies in various Spoons. The weirdest one was a Frenchman travelling around the UK who’d bought the full black and white kit. I’m expecting not to understand Geordies but not because of a clousseauesque French accent.
Our position in the ground is dreadful. The players are dots, you can’t see a screen, and the PA dreadful.
But it was a creditable performance. What felt like a disaster at half-time, felt like a triumph at the end (funny old game, football).
I got the train to Morpeth today, which is a pleasant town in Northumberland with lovely walking.
Tomorrow I’m getting the train home after a great weekend. And it’s 50 years since I came here for university.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That’s really decent. Gutted I couldn’t go.

PascalGroß Tips

Jan 29, 2024
That's better. I know a few people including me did complain....
In PBOBE’s little speech at the pre match gig, he did suggest they would be on the seats and that if when you got to your seat there was nothing there, you should check the pockets of the person next to you 😂

Maybe the people giving out the t-shirts didn’t fancy taking them all the way up to the gods.

Last edited:

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
Us - delaying restarts, Bart holding the ball for ages, and around two minutes of cramp during injury time.
Bit rich of us to be booing you for those tactics as it's something we're quite happy to do when it suits. Running joke that Schar magically gets a head injury when Howe needs to get messages to the team, or we need to kill some momentum.

Thought you were good value for the draw and it's another game where we didn't kill a game when our tails are up. Partly lack of alacrity of thought from the forwards, partly a hodgepodge midfield not really clicking. Your goal came from a lack of presence in our box, perhaps a lack of experience from Anderson.

Anyway, hope everybody who made the trip up enjoyed their visit and all that.
Oh, quick thing about the away fans position. It's essentially due to the bones of the stadium, we can't have them pitch-side and still maintain the right fan separation in the entrances and concourse. The mooted renovation to St James' has this in mind and it will help the atmosphere, and people planning trips to SJP won't have to google crampons and Sherpa hire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports