Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He has accepted that defence is required.
Wrbster has got some pelters, but i thought he was pretty good.
Veltman is an exceptional defender and Dunk, knows what he's doing.

It may not sit well with RDZ.
But it makes a b8g difference to results
Dunk really struggles defending those touchline balls, he was a very lucky boy today, Bart dug him out of a hole it was almost Rome all over again.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
The whole performance was plan B, despite people saying he doesn’t have one.
To be fair a couple of games ago he didn't. Different style of play against Villa , back to where we were start of the season i.e. quick pace, get up the field quicklyb and long balls are not wrong. Seems today was very similar.

Last edited:

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
Yup.
All of this.

Thought it was funny that we turned them round at the kick off.

Yes. We want ti attack the other home end this half.
I heard on (I think) Ben Foster's podcast that the pitch at St.James is on a slope, so one end of the pitch is higher than the other and it is very noticable when you're playing. May have featured in the decision making.:shrug:

Edit: worth mentioning that I obviously have no first hand experience to speak from, so I'm putting a lot of faith in Foster for this anecdote.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I was a little bit befuddled during the game.
But it looked like webby was man-marking Guimares in the second half.

Can anyone confirm?
Or was this ale induced false memory syndrome?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I was a little bit befuddled during the game.
But it looked like webby was man-marking Guimares in the second half.

Can anyone confirm?
Or was this ale induced false memory syndrome?
I noticed it for a 5 minute spell.
(whether it only happened for 5 minutes, or I only noticed for 5 minutes I wouldn't know)

Kitcatt

Apr 7, 2017
Yup.
All of this.

Thought it was funny that we turned them round at the kick off.

Yes. We want ti attack the other home end this half.

Have utmost respect for Newcastle fans but why the booing? V entertaining game - felt we were robbed in first half as ref should have blown for half time ten seconds before they scored! MOM for me was Enciso. Such an exciting player.
The ones I met today were complete bell-ends. I’ve never had any grief following the Albion away but got it twice today…so much for the friendly Geordies…

Jimmy Grimble

The ones I met today were complete bell-ends. I’ve never had any grief following the Albion away but got it twice today…so much for the friendly Geordies…
I’ve only ever met arrogant wankers with them.

The only side where I’ve not met a single arrogant/dick head fan is Man City.

Hope they win the league because you don’t notice it down here. If Arsenal win, however, it’ll bring all the plastic rats out the woodwork.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I’ve only ever met arrogant wankers with them.

The only side where I’ve not met a single arrogant/dick head fan is Man City.

Hope they win the league because you don’t notice it down here. If Arsenal win, however, it’ll bring all the plastic rats out the woodwork.
Odd, isn't it? I met only decent Newcastle fans when I've been up there, but the arrogant twattery I've encountered at the Etihad has been some of the worst. I guess it's who you bump into on the day.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Odd, isn't it? I met only decent Newcastle fans when I've been up there, but the arrogant twattery I've encountered at the Etihad has been some of the worst. I guess it's who you bump into on the day.
This.

Managed to sit in a pub in town where some of us had colours on, surrounded by replica shirted Geordies (and even their nutters wear club shirts, very little Stone Island around) and got zero grief.

The biggest away prick I’ve ever met was a City fan who was about 6ft 6 and 20 stone and wanted to fight anyone who thought they’d bought their success. Truly an oddball,

Sure there are plenty of decent City fans and a few Geordie loons though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here