Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Have utmost respect for Newcastle fans but why the booing? V entertaining game - felt we were robbed in first half as ref should have blown for half time ten seconds before they scored! MOM for me was Enciso. Such an exciting player.
I don't have utmost respect for Newcastle fans who have accepted their Saudi overlords with barely a word. I also don't have respect for them being allowed to stick away fans miles away from the pitch. I'd be delighted if we contributed to them not making the Europa League.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Yep, entertaining match and a fair result, overall. Stuff both Chelsea and Man U (or at least one of them) and I would say that it's a pretty reasonable season, all things considered.
I said at the beginning of the season that getting out of the Europa Group and a top 10 finish would be a brilliant season for us. And that was long before it became apparent that we had Dr De'ath as our physio :wink:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I said at the beginning of the season that getting out of the Europa Group and a top 10 finish would be a brilliant season for us. And that was long before we appointed Dr De'ath as our physio :wink:
We definitely need to re-assess our problems with injuries, as that has certainly impacted our final placing. Such a shame after a hugely promising start to the season.
Also very pleased that it's likely RDZ will still be with us - I never went down the 'out' rabbit-hole. :)

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Who are they booing though? Ref was largely a homer, their team weren't awful and beyond pantomine, I don't think we did anything to offend either.
I was there, and they were on to us from the moment we scored for time-wasting. I don’t like us doing it, but while all the other teams do it, and aren’t penalised, we have to do the same. Bart is becoming an expert at it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great result with so many obvious gaps in the team. Was getting incensed with how open we were down our left. Igor’s positioning and lack of pace were poor. Darren England the homer too.
Every break and overload in the second half was down our left despite Veltman coming off.

But does it happen with a fully fit Estupinian? Igor is back up and I’m not sure we’ll get a better back up unfortunately.

Skuller

Jun 3, 2017
Have utmost respect for Newcastle fans but why the booing? V entertaining game - felt we were robbed in first half as ref should have blown for half time ten seconds before they scored! MOM for me was Enciso. Such an exciting player.
I thought it brave to take off Enciso when they did (he was by far our best player): maybe the management is learning about preventing injuries.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here