[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
It's easy to see why The Giddy Goats lost their minds, after Watford.

A creditable performance v Liverpool (are they playing midweek?) and they'll be back righting wrongs like all the games in between didn't happen!

…ye you made quite a song and dance about that Watford victory ….and probably would have been joining in the moaning if we had lost

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You have said on a few occasions you personally wouldn’t watch the Albion if Hughton was still at the helm, fair enough your choice. If people don’t enjoy watching ball being passed around in defence and midfield to get possession stats up with little to show where it matters then who are you to criticise??? They aren’t entitled just probably bored to death of Potter ball or whatever that is.

Yep, and I’d have agreed with anyone who said I was anti CH in the last few months, and yes I did feel that I was entitled to see something better :shrug:

I was called out for thinking like that too, I would have given up watching if he’d stayed. You’d have been wasting your time trying to convince me otherwise, which is basically what I have said about GB and Potter. I hope he does walk away rather than whinging if GP is still here next season.

What’s the problem?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not going to go all 'Potter out' or 'We are shit', but there was one point today listening to Radio Sussex commentary (and the scenario confirmed by the pundits on SSN) when I could hardly believe what i was hearing. Five or ten seconds to go, and we're awarded a free kick. The CBs all go up into the penalty area - even Big Bob goes up (and I've no idea how good he is with his head, but with his height he can certainly reach things that some other players can't!) The ball is there to be hoofed into the penalty area - somebody might get a head on it, it might pinball around and eventually might ping into the back of the net. Not a certainty - but a decent chance.
But we are Brighton. If we pump the ball into a crowded penalty area we might lose the ball - so what do we do? Try for an equaliser? No - pass it short and fanny around until the fnal whistle goes.

Just ... why? FFS ............... just why?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not going to go all 'Potter out' or 'We are shit', but there was one point today listening to Radio Sussex commentary (and the scenario confirmed by the pundits on SSN) when I could hardly believe what i was hearing. Five or ten seconds to go, and we're awarded a free kick. The CBs all go up into the penalty area - even Big Bob goes up (and I've no idea how good he is with his head, but with his height he can certainly reach things that some other players can't!) The ball is there to be hoofed into the penalty area - somebody might get a head on it, it might pinball around and eventually might ping into the back of the net. Not a certainty - but a decent chance.
But we are Brighton. If we pump the ball into a crowded penalty area we might lose the ball - so what do we do? Try for an equaliser? No - pass it short and fanny around until the fnal whistle goes.

Lol..you know what we are like….gain a throw in by an opposition corner flag and its guaranteed to end up with our goalie

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

Point of interest, are you blaming Potter for that?

boik

By definition shots can’t be sideways so I’m not quite sure what you’re on about.

We have a lot of shots and we don’t score many. It’s a constant under Potter.

At least CH understood the value of having finishers like Murray and AK in the squad and neither cost the fabled 40 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just pointing at that we don't just pass it sideways at the back as some people insist otherwise we wouldn't be in a position to have those shots. I was being ridiculous to match other peoples ridiculous claims.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm just pointing at that we don't just pass it sideways at the back as some people insist otherwise we wouldn't be in a position to have those shots. I was being ridiculous to match other peoples ridiculous claims.

We wouldn’t have 33 points either. Best get shot of this Benny though, the useless ****.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Since November 2021, mostly yes.

Rocked up last week to see Potter’s effort against Villa ….. to see another Albion pile of :shit:

I too went last week for first time in a while having read the club memo about wanting more fans to watch on TV than in person. And what a treat it was. For the umpteenth time in recent seasons, I was reminded about how we cannot shoot on target let alone score a goal. It’s a good job tickets are so hard to come by each week because of our fanatical STH culture. As the rows of empty seats on TV show.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
End of 2018-19

Brighton 0 - 1 Southampton
Chelsea 3 - 0 Brighton
Brighton 0 - 5 Bournemouth
Brighton 0 - 2 Cardiff

Followed by a 0-0 with Wolves

Interesting context, even Sami Hyppia only ever managed three defeats in a row at any one time

That was my thought, but could remember the 2 earlier games

I walked after 70 odd minutes of Cardiff. . . . Switched off after 14 minutes today. It'll be interesting to see reaction over the next few games. . .

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
By definition shots can’t be sideways so I’m not quite sure what you’re on about.

We have a lot of shots and we don’t score many. It’s a constant under Potter.

At least CH understood the value of having finishers like Murray and AK in the squad and neither cost the fabled 40 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You've clearly not been watching Lallana. Or Bissouma.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Because that’s how Potter wants them taken, it’s worked so well now for what 3 seasons so why would you change it?! Next you’ll be expecting us to clear the first man from corners. You ask the IMPOSSIBLE!

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
They have a manager with teeth, who knows how to bite and win the winnables.

Not everyones taste or style, but he does a very good job.

Horses for courses.

How the **** are we still way in front of them this season? Flawed logic there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports