[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You don’t think we’ll pick up another point at all until this season?
We are safe but what’s frustrating is a season that promised much is going to peter out with a whimper. I can see us finishing 16 or 17, which seems to be our level sadly. The much vaunted mid table aim won’t be achieved this season.

I don't disagree with this but we do need to forensically examine and understand why such a promising season suddenly went pear-shaped and what we can do to prevent this happening again.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't disagree with this but we do need to forensically examine and understand why such a promising season suddenly went pear-shaped and what we can do to prevent this happening again.

I have the answer, get your cheque book out Bloom :wink:

boik

I don't agree that we need to examine it. It's just what happens in football to pretty much every club during every season. Name me a club that hasn't had spells of good and then bad results this season. Even Liverpool had been written off in the title race.

It's just football and the unpredictability is what makes it so interesting.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So quite long periods in between when it wasn’t ‘high’ ..despite not being in the PL

I accept we are going to have more lows than highs, frustrating but that’s just how it is with the Albion and virtually every other team in the football league.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So quite long periods in between when it wasn’t ‘high’ ..despite not being in the PL

In between a series of smaller high and lows eg Coppell, Poyet League One, Barry Lloyd 1990/91, Nelson/Bremner, against a backdrop of land thieves up to 1997.

Always seemed to be mini highs around the corner, even Russell Slade’s miracle.

My EPL point is that despite spending £250m in fees alone, there’ve been sustained periods of utter boredom. Sitting at the Amex and not getting out of my seat, everyone around us joking away for 90 minutes about booze and ignoring a shit fest on the pitch.

I’ll never be that person who’s okay with home defeats, because we strung some lovely passes together or swept up in “we’re on the cusp of something rather special”. We’re not - Hasenhuttl, Lage and Viera are doing just as well or bad on similar budgets.

Hard to please, I miss home wins.

Last edited:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Wasting your time, he’s feeling so entitled he’s talking about binning his season ticket now, with some cock and bull story about not doing it because of his son, who I am amazed has any interest in following us given the indoctrination about how shit we are with Potter at the helm. The guy has been whinging about Potter ever since he arrived, with a few backhanded compliments when we were doing well. Now back to whinging as we are on a bad run.

The stats and any sensible person’s eyes will tell you that we were in that game until the whistle, even though we went two nil down within 14 mins. I despair about the entitlement of some of our fans
You have said on a few occasions you personally wouldn’t watch the Albion if Hughton was still at the helm, fair enough your choice. If people don’t enjoy watching ball being passed around in defence and midfield to get possession stats up with little to show where it matters then who are you to criticise??? They aren’t entitled just probably bored to death of Potter ball or whatever that is.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In between a series of smaller high and lows eg Coppell, Poyet League One, Barry Lloyd 1990/91, Nelson/Bremner, against a backdrop of land thieves up to 1997.

My EPL point is that despite spending £250m in fees alone, there’ve been sustained periods of utter boredom. Sitting at the Amex and not getting out of my seat, everyone around us joking away for 90 minutes about booze and ignoring a shit fest on the pitch.

I’ll never be that person who’s okay with home defeats, because we strung some lovely passes together or swept up in “we’re on the cusp of something rather special”. We’re not - Hasenhuttl, Lage and Viera are doing just as well or bad on similar budgets.

Hard to please, I crave home wins.

I just crave looking like home wins.
Sadly that not happening has been one of the few consistencies of our time in the EPL.

That said I have considerably more confidence about playing Liverpool than I do about playing Norwich.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Hard to please, I crave home wins.

I thought you watched from the sofa? :wink:

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I don't agree that we need to examine it. It's just what happens in football to pretty much every club during every season. Name me a club that hasn't had spells of good and then bad results this season. Even Liverpool had been written off in the title race.

It's just football and the unpredictability is what makes it so interesting.

I think we have won 2 league games in out of 16 , this is not a bad spell , it’s awful

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I think we have won 2 league games in out of 16 , this is not a bad spell , it’s awful
Potter’s win rate is garbage still has no idea what his best XI is if he did a few injuries wouldn’t be that dramatic bench players would slot in to positions. That line up today was a shambles two early goals down game over.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You have said on a few occasions you personally wouldn’t watch the Albion if Hughton was still at the helm, fair enough your choice. If people don’t enjoy watching ball being passed around in defence and midfield to get possession stats up with little to show where it matters then who are you to criticise??? They aren’t entitled just probably bored to death of Potter ball or whatever that is.

68% possession today. Chalk up another win for Gormless Benny's CV :rolleyes:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I just crave looking like home wins.
Sadly that not happening has been one of the few consistencies of our time in the EPL.

That said I have considerably more confidence about playing Liverpool than I do about playing Norwich.

I’ve said that for ages. The only EPL team that takes a risk with 8 players pushed into their opponents half at any scoreline. Potter and literally every other manager tries to exploit that, it’s not a revelation.

I could quite easily see an Albion win next week, following by a load of losses.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve said that for ages. The only EPL team that takes a risk with 8 players pushed into their opponents half at any scoreline. Potter and literally every other manager tries to exploit that, it’s not a revelation.

I could quite easily see an Albion win next week, following by a load of losses.

It's easy to see why The Giddy Goats lost their minds, after Watford.

A creditable performance v Liverpool (are they playing midweek?) and they'll be back righting wrongs like all the games in between didn't happen!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Were those 15 shots at goal ALL sideways then? Understand peoples frustrations at losing but don't rewrite the whole season because of a few bad games. Geordies were desperately hanging on today - everyone could see that.

By definition shots can’t be sideways so I’m not quite sure what you’re on about.

We have a lot of shots and we don’t score many. It’s a constant under Potter.

At least CH understood the value of having finishers like Murray and AK in the squad and neither cost the fabled 40 million.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It's easy to see why The Giddy Goats lost their minds, after Watford.

A creditable performance v Liverpool (are they playing midweek?) and they'll be back righting wrongs like all the games in between didn't happen!

Even if the Albion play badly next week and lose, it’ll be the refs fault, of course. Always that desperate excuse against Liverpool, even in the 1-5 Amex game :lolol:.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Even if the Albion play badly next week and lose, it’ll be the refs fault, of course. Always that desperate excuse against Liverpool, even in the 1-5 Amex game :lolol:.

'They got all the lucky bounces and time wasted right from the start'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports