[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not meant to be negative - just being realistic about the ebbs and flows of a premier league season .
It’s often the way that middling teams overachieve then underachieve, or vice versa over the course of the season.
Of course it would be nice to get more than 40, but 40 is still a decent return.
Or do you think avoiding relegation is a given for Albion ? I would say it’s a big achievement.

I'm with you on this one. People need to put things into perspective. Yes, from where we were to end up in the bottom 4 or 5 would be disappointing but to still be the 15th or 16th best team in England is pretty damn good IMO.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
You'd think with all that money that ASM could afford a complete haircut.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Not meant to be negative - just being realistic about the ebbs and flows of a premier league season .
It’s often the way that middling teams overachieve then underachieve, or vice versa over the course of the season.
Of course it would be nice to get more than 40, but 40 is still a decent return.
Or do you think avoiding relegation is a given for Albion ? I would say it’s a big achievement.

Yes. It should be a given after 4 seasons in the EPL.

We should looking at improving. In the first half the season we were, what’s the point in saying we were good for for the first half of the season, so it’s ok to be rubbish in the second half because we won’t go down?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Burn rapidly losing legend points today.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
He’s quite clearly one of our most talented players but Trossard should be getting pulled here, nowhere near good enough today.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Reece James has become some player. Chelsea are a totally different team when he plays.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player blow hot and cold as much as Trossard. When he’s good he’s really very good, but so often you forget he’s even on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports