[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I’m out of here, too many ***** on this thread today

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Unlucky to find ourselves 2-0 down, not really a reflection of the game but going forward its the same old story. Toothless. Its very easy for us to say how Tony should spend his money but we have to address the attacking situation. Undav is a start but we need a better Welbeck, and a better option than Gross for getting balls in the box.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We just don't look like scoring. When Welbeck was put through I just felt he wouldn't score. Completely toothless

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
We won’t go down because of the number of points we already have.
But it could be fairly close if Burnley find form again.
Another season in the prem would still be a big achievement imo, not the bare minimum.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
It shouldn’t be surprising that our defence has turned to shit considering we sold £60M+ worth of CB talent and done nothing to replace them. Now having to rely on a player we had previously tried to get rid of and failed in Scotland.

It’s easy to blame Potter, but he has his hands tied behind his back with our recruitment strategy.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
2 really poor goals to concede but general play has been better than in recent weeks. Both players have their merits but I’m baffled that Gross and Duffy start. Alzate and Moder look bright.

D

Deleted member 2719

We have played okay.

Just no cutting edge, Danny needs space and Newcastle won't give it to him, bring on Maupay now.

The stats show a realistic picture, the whinging tells us that thank god these guys are not giving the ht team talk.

#trustinpotter

Attachments

• ht stats.PNG
    ht stats.PNG
    19.5 KB · Views: 148

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
**** me there are some really harsh comments on this thread, Newcastle have had the bounce of the ball all afternoon, we have played well…imo

At what point do we stop being unlucky and start admitting that having possession and doing naff all with it doesn't get you enough points and is dull as ditchwater to watch?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Went out for some lunch, muted all my apps /
Social media until I just got home … so predictable. Leaking goals and not scoring is a horrible combination.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
2-0 down as have played ok, better than recent weeks. I wish for once we would try sometime different and go more direct, perfect opportunity to do so.

2nd half will be telling what Potter has In his locker

D

Deleted member 2719

Down to 13th and below Palace on the live table. Looks like we're finding yet another way to finish 16th with 40 points :rolleyes:

And some people would like a spend a night in the pub with you.

You just can't account for taste.:lolol:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Can't find myself getting angry considering what's going on in the world right now.

But slipping to 13th? Is Potter really making great strides given the reasonable budget? He's still the right man in my eyes but a couple of weeks ago Steven Gerrard was under pressure to get Aston Villa away from trouble. Now they're above us. :eek:

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Unlucky to find ourselves 2-0 down, not really a reflection of the game but going forward its the same old story. Toothless. Its very easy for us to say how Tony should spend his money but we have to address the attacking situation. Undav is a start but we need a better Welbeck, and a better option than Gross for getting balls in the box.

True. But we don't help ourselves by putting our top goalscorer on the bench against a side he normally does well against. How Gross keeps getting in the starting 11 is beyond me.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Probably but top ten finish is a distant dream.
Villa,Burnley now Newcastle sussed us completely.

In all reality we were never going to stay in the top ten, scoring less than a goal a game (currently scoring less per match than last season 0.96 to 1.05) - it's virtually impossible to do. Up to this point it's only the defence that has given us an artificially high position, and even that seems to have gone AWOL at present.

We'd all love a top 10 finish but I still think staying up each season is a positive for our level of expenditure. Can we really expect much more? Our better players are so inconsistent, Biss, Lamptey, Trossard, Maups, and now Dunk - survival is all I am hoping for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports