[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Palace above us

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We finally need to splash out in the summer on 'The Elephant in the Room' once and for all.

Which Elephant should we be targetting to get up front?

Would a big-money strike have prevented us conceding 7 goals in the last 200 minutes of football?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
No, we were dire as soon as we stepped out of the dressing room after HT at OT. Didnt even turn up for the 2nd half. And haven't since imo.

This is just awful. Potter not sorting it out either.
Yup. It was those first ten minutes of the 2nd at OT. That was ten of the worst minutes we’d played under Potter and since then we’ve been rotten.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We finally need to splash out in the summer on 'The Elephant in the Room' once and for all.

Which Elephant should we be targetting to get up front?

I doubt that Elephant is going to stop us conceding a goal to a straight ball through the middle and a goal from a set piece, easy to harp on about our goal scoring issues but just lately we’ve been equally poor defensively, losing Webster has totally destabilised our defence, has certainly made me realise just how important Webster is with our style of play.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Last ditch block from Burn. You couldn't make it up

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Would a big-money strike have prevented us conceding 7 goals in the last 200 minutes of football?

Attack being the best form of defence, a big money striker may have converted the chance Duffy didn't putting us 1-0 up completely changing the context of this game and we likely don't concede the two we did. Copy and paste to the two skied shots v villa before they took the lead. Copy and paste to the wasted chances v so many other oponents this season.

So, in answer to your question; quite possibly.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Lovely bit of play from Moder but wasted by Gross.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We are still in this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like positivity. We're due a flukey deselected goal or something get us out of this rut. Let's just hope we can get one back this half and make them nervous.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Attack being the best form of defence, a big money striker may have converted the chance Duffy didn't putting us 1-0 up completely changing the context of this game and we likely don't concede the two we did. Copy and paste to the two skied shots v villa before they took the lead. Copy and paste to the wasted chances v so many other oponents this season.

So, in answer to your question; quite possibly.

Yes. When was the last time one of our strikers outpaced two defenders to score a goal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports