Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Albion subs: Kayal, Baldock, Hemed, Goldson, Izquierdo, Schelotto, Krul. #bhafc

Translate from Romanian

Suttner and Izzy Brown fail to make the bench and no sign of Jamie Murphy

Opposition:

DSTAjbDXcAE1ow-[1].png

Last edited:

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Pleased Bruno starting. Expecting a draw today even though Newcastle are clearly going to go for it.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Bong must be in the team only to give Suttner a rest before monday. Izzy Brown must be well out of favour if Baldock is regularly getting ahead of him on the bench.

Given we play again in a couple of days, that's our best available team with Hemed, Suttner, Schelotto and probably Jose to come in on monday. If Schelotto doesn't come in on monday, and Bruno plays both games, then I would question why we wouldn't play Suttner every game when he could be getting assists every game if Murray started when he does.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
Corrected for you. St James Park usually has a shit atmosphere, one of the biggest myths in football that it’s noisy.

Nailed. I said the same under my list of other football myths, including little 'ole Bournemouth fighting Goliath on a pauper's budget.

Often 'noisy, passionate' Geordie fans can be translated as thus:

Half-wit beer-gut on legs displays creamy-white belly in sub zero temperatures. And points angrily for 90 minutes. Watch out, you may see him today.

sllugaes

Dec 15, 2012
Bong must be in the team only to give Suttner a rest before monday. Izzy Brown must be well out of favour if Baldock is regularly getting ahead of him on the bench.

Given we play again in a couple of days, that's our best available team with Hemed, Suttner, Schelotto and probably Jose to come in on monday. If Schelotto doesn't come in on monday, and Bruno plays both games, then I would question why we wouldn't play Suttner every game when he could be getting assists every game if Murray started when he does.
Because Suttner is not as good as a defender. Although Suttner has a lovely left peg.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Because Suttner is not as good as a defender. Although Suttner has a lovely left peg.

Sent from my Zxt 203 Dci

This is the biggest myth in football since "Wayne Henderson is a good goalkeeper". Suttner is just as good defensively as Bong, to say otherwise would need to ignore the performances of both players and just be saying words.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting that Brown now seems to have fallen behind Baldock in the pecking order. This suggests Baldock does have a future - we need him back to his best.

He should be especially motivated seeing as he got sent off in this fixture last year. I'd love him to get 25 minutes and bag a goal, even if we end up losing.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Translate from Romanian

Opposition:

View attachment 92391

Don't think Suttner is needed as Bruno can go left and Schelotto right. Brown isn't putting in the match day workrate so can't be risked in a tough away game. Murphy isn't good enough full stop. So subs bench looks about right.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This is the biggest myth in football since "Wayne Henderson is a good goalkeeper". Suttner is just as good defensively as Bong, to say otherwise would need to ignore the performances of both players and just be saying words.

Thank you Ninja. I sometimes think I was the only fan who thought Calamity Wayne was the catalyst that took us down.

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
So who paid for the free beer and pie? Was it the club or is Baldock treating the fans for their unwavering support?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Translate from Romanian

Opposition:

View attachment 92391

Delighted to see Darlow playing today. Arguably scond only to Joe Hart as the worst keeper in the Prem. Shame Moyes has acted decisively over Hart, but good for us that Elliott is injured. I can see us scoring a couple today, although that may still only mean a point and I'll take that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here