Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle Player Struck By Coin

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Pardew said, "We have a great record of behaviour. I'm sure we'll look into it." Seriously......

Not quite the case when I made my last visit to Selhurst. Maybe Pardew didn't hear about them that night. But come to think of it, if he judges them by his standards of behaviour and self control.......

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Leaving aside any rivalry or Palace-sniping for a second, I absolutely cringe watching that video.

It's horrible to see: look how close to his eye the coin hits him. I'm sure it was painful enough as it is, but another few millimetres and that's his eyeball sliced open. Some years back now, I picked up an eye injury caused by an object (much blunter than a coin) being thrown at me & I was warned at the hospital at the time that I could permanently lose the sight in that eye. Perhaps that's why I get quite squeamish about stuff like this.

You have to be a complete and utter cretin to hurl coins like that. I don't hold out much hope that the individual responsible will be caught, but it would be good to think he would be (a) banned for life and (b) prosecuted, if he, by some miracle, actually was identified.

It's not a Palace thing. It's simply a moron thing. Contemptible and cowardly, whoever you are.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Leaving aside any rivalry or Palace-sniping for a second, I absolutely cringe watching that video.

It's horrible to see: look how close to his eye the coin hits him. I'm sure it was painful enough as it is, but another few millimetres and that's his eyeball sliced open. Some years back now, I picked up an eye injury caused by an object (much blunter than a coin) being thrown at me & I was warned at the hospital at the time that I could permanently lose the sight in that eye. Perhaps that's why I get quite squeamish about stuff like this.

You have to be a complete and utter cretin to hurl coins like that. I don't hold out much hope that the individual responsible will be caught, but it would be good to think he would be (a) banned for life and (b) prosecuted, if he, by some miracle, actually was identified.

It's not a Palace thing. It's simply a moron thing. Contemptible and cowardly, whoever you are.

I agree apart from the use of the word cretin.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
As a Palace fan it's indefensible and I hope they catch the moron. No two ways.

"That must EAT AWAY at them. Knowing that all their relative "success" has been utterly meaningless."

Not at all - we've have two low level adminstrations caused by deluded fans overstreching themselves (the Jordan one particularly was caused by some terrible business decisions dealing with hedge funds) - none of the Leeds, Pompey style meltdowns. Hopefully never again with some prudence now being shown. Let's face it, we've had some rotten times chasing non-success. Not on an Albion scale I agree.

So, there's not much Palace fans can do, or could do at the time. If you want to roll it out now to justify your progress, or lack of it, since 2011, then fine. It must irk that your big chance to leapfrog us was wasted and you're left trying to outdo Millwall and Holloway.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As a Palace fan it's indefensible and I hope they catch the moron. No two ways.

"That must EAT AWAY at them. Knowing that all their relative "success" has been utterly meaningless."

Not at all - we've have two low level adminstrations caused by deluded fans overstreching themselves (the Jordan one particularly was caused by some terrible business decisions dealing with hedge funds) - none of the Leeds, Pompey style meltdowns. Hopefully never again with some prudence now being shown. Let's face it, we've had some rotten times chasing non-success. Not on an Albion scale I agree.

So, there's not much Palace fans can do, or could do at the time. If you want to roll it out now to justify your progress, or lack of it, since 2011, then fine. It must irk that your big chance to leapfrog us was wasted and you're left trying to outdo Millwall and Holloway.

But all of the boasting of us being "forever in your shadow" - it's basically meaningless and hollow, isn't it?

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
I'm sure the companies and individuals screwed over will be reassured to know that it was only a low level screwing :facepalm:

I'm not saying it's right - but the number of companies and amounts were relatively small - we're not talking Glasgow Rangers. Still too many companies I agree.

It just makes me laugh that your only comeback is that we cheated and shouldn't enjoy our post-2010 success because of earlier events. We're as culpable for Goldberg and Jordan, who both had a negative impact on our club, as you are for Archer and Belotti. I'll live with it.

Please do not allow this thread to become sidetracked from the REAL issue here.

Palace fans chucking coins at oppo players, Palace fans defending said coin throwing.

AmexGold

Banned
Apr 22, 2014
Please do not allow this thread to become sidetracked from the REAL issue here.

Palace fans chucking coins at oppo players, Palace fans defending said coin throwing.

No sensible Palace fan would defend it - you can't. We've got a few idiots among our crowdbase - who'd have thought it - I suppose you haven't?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It just makes me laugh....

A thread about one of your fans throwing a coin in a players' face and you're amused by a side issue. Strange, I would have thought that deep embarrassment and a little humility might have been the order of the day from Palace fans. You lot never cease to amaze me with the ways you try to apply damage limitation by turning the debate into something like us being in your shadow. It really matters to you, even today. Much more than your club's name being dragged through the mud AGAIN by idiotic fan behaviour.

Once, just once, I'd like a Palace fan to come on here and hold their hand up and say "yep, that's completely out of order" and leave it at that without the puerile attempts at 'banter'. Never gonna happen though with trolls like you always looking to point score. Laugh away at us then, troll. That moron who chucked the coin has done far greater damage to your club's name than any petty little point-scoring by you can do to our club. Ignorant tw*t.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Given the glorification (by a minority of Brighton fans) of the good old days of chucking coins at the Palace, I'm surprised at the holier than thou attitudes pervading here.

There are idiots at most football clubs. Who'd have thought it.

No sensible Palace fan would defend it - you can't. We've got a few idiots among our crowdbase - who'd have thought it - I suppose you haven't?

Best you get over to HOL then and take issue with the majority on the thread about HF coin throwing.

Given the glorification (by a minority of Brighton fans) of the good old days of chucking coins at the Palace, I'm surprised at the holier than thou attitudes pervading here.

Oh do piss off.

We're talking about events that happened not even 24 hours ago, not what happened 30 years ago.

Just another attempt to sidetrack the real Issue that your fans chuck coins at opposition players, LAST NIGHT.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

Ah, more damage limitation trolls. Welcome onboard. Your first post on this thread and not one single sign of embarrassment just deflection. Well played, sir.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
Oh do piss off.

We're talking about events that happened not even 24 hours ago, not what happened 30 years ago.

Just another attempt to sidetrack the real Issue that your fans chuck coins at opposition players, LAST NIGHT.

And I'm talking about the attitude of some of your fans in 2015.

So don't paint this as some "Brighton fans are whiter than white, Palace are all scum" nonsense. There are decent fans and a***holes on both sides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here