Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle: one point gained or two points dropped?

Was Newcaslle one point gained or two points dropped?

• One point gained

Votes: 55 20.8%
  • Two points dropped

Votes: 210 79.2%

• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Given the relative performances it's two dropped. We have to start taking chances and putting teams away.

Given pre-match expectations it's an away point and about par. We had our Virgin Broadband fixed on Saturday morning by a football loving chap from Edinburgh who works down here odd weeks. Defintely a neutral. His before-timing prediction was that it had a draw written all over it. In the end he was right, though had the first half been a boxing match the referee may well have stopped it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
To drop two points, you need to have been in a position of having three points in the hand. We were never ahead in the game, have one more point than yesterday morning, so it must be one point gained.
Expectation isn't points.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To drop two points, you need to have been in a position of having three points in the hand. We were never ahead in the game, have one more point than yesterday morning, so it must be one point gained.

Wise words

KingKev

Jun 16, 2011
Hove (actually)
70% possession and dominating stats and chances away = 0-0 is type points dropped.
Sheff U 30% possession, 1 shot on target and win 2-0.
We need to take advantage of some of the better creative play and / or just get a bit of luck sometime...?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Saves me typing it. Every point a prisoner. :thumbsup:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Point not lost!

We started with a point and finished with one,

We all know we are lacking a goalscorer to take over from Murray. Our strikers we have left are not premier tried and tested and we all know they need to learn fast. Whilst I agreed with locadia being farmed out, andone actually looked like a goalscorer when he started, even though he was a basket case.

Apart from Everton we don’t have many games coming up that I can see us winning, so ok we didn’t lose yesterday but again, we haven’t dispatched a team in our “division” .

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All away points are points gained in the Premier League.

Newcastle had plenty of chances to nick it, even though we were the stronger side.

Point fair result, could have been worse.

Can't be arsed to read the thread any further. This, all day long.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
70% possession and dominating stats and chances away = 0-0 is type points dropped.
Sheff U 30% possession, 1 shot on target and win 2-0.
We need to take advantage of some of the better creative play and / or just get a bit of luck sometime...?

Last couple of years we were often in the reverse position, not much possession but good defending and gained a win that we were happy to say was deserved based on our stout defending.

Newcastle defended very very well yesterday, lets not lose that in the final analysis. They kept two banks of players behind the ball that restricted us to few chances. It was very familiar to watch.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Away from home in the premier league, I'm going to say point gained.

Could have been more, but for an amazing goal-line clearance, one of the best you'll ever see
Sums up our luck at the moment a world class clearance one shot Burnley the Saints lad whose first touch ends up in top bins. Feel for our lads at the moment although our time will surely come.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
One gained for me. You can only drop what had in the first place, and we had nothing but the point we started with, so nothing lost, or dropped. Not only a point gained but also a lot of confidence in our new style that is just lovely to watch. Youngsters being tested, at last, and we go to Chelsea with our chins up. All good. 15th with a new system and new players. My sheets are dry.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Two points lost.

With the home form of two seasons ago, one gained, But with 2 points from 3 winnable home games, and a run of 12 home League games with just one win (1-0 against mighty Huddersfield), we need to start winning away.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
One gained for me. You can only drop what had in the first place, and we had nothing but the point we started with, so nothing lost, or dropped. Not only a point gained but also a lot of confidence in our new style that is just lovely to watch. Youngsters being tested, at last, and we go to Chelsea with our chins up. All good. 15th with a new system and new players. My sheets are dry.

We go to Chelsea not winning when winning is what you need to stay up. Simple.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
One point gained. Despite our dominance we never had the lead so were never in a position to lose two points. Yes, we should have been in front, especially in a truly astonishing first-half performance, but scoring goals is the hardest part of the game and we came up short yesterday. Burnley was two points dropped.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There are some on here taking what they might call 'a logical view' saying a point gained, but realistically, with the possession we had, it really was two points lost.
Got to put away our chances.
I am sure the players and management feel we should have come away with a win and so do I.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
There are some on here taking what they might call 'a logical view' saying a point gained, but realistically, with the possession we had, it really was two points lost.
I am sure the players and management feel we should have come away with a win and so do I.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If you can't beat a side managed by Steve Bruce, it would seem to be points dropped. Even away from home.

Three unbeaten at St James's Park for us.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

Whoops double shuffle; just trying to emphasise my point!:blush::laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here