Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle, Man Utd and Man City* games....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
*not wanting to count chickens (or haddock)

Just looking at the fixture calendar, assuming Man City and Man Utd both reach the quarter finals of the CL and EL respectively, I think it's impossible to play either team in April. European dates are 11/12/13 and 18/19/20 April. The only other free date that either have in April is the 4th/5th (Man City not playing)....but we play Bournemouth that day. [Incidentally, it looks like Man Utd will have NINE games in April!!]

So, my guess is that the United and City home games will be in May - most probably one on 2nd May, and one on 23rd May - as the other midweek dates in May are European dates, and there's a pretty high probability (I would think) that either or both of them will get to the Semis. So - I think this leaves the Newcastle away game to be either 12th or 19th April.

Of course, I could have missed something - so apols if this is wrong!

As mentioned before, Ben Crellin on Twitter is an FPL Geek who keeps a spreadsheet constantly updated on fixtures.

His latest update has 4 possible dates for Newcastle away – 11 or 18 April, 9 or 16 May.

With the two Manchester home games being on two possible dates – 2 or 23 May.

Which matches what you say give or take a day.

Interestingly the May games match up with West Ham and Chelsea's possible fixtures as they also have a Man City / Man Utd fixture to fit into one of those two weeks. So whichever week we play City Chelsea will play Utd, and when we play Utd West Ham will play City.

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 13.59.53.png

Dillis

Aug 29, 2021
Brighton v Man Utd will be Thursday 4th May apparently - so Everton perhaps pushed to Sunday 7th?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Incidentally, it looks like Man Utd will have NINE games in April!!

So, my guess is that the United and City home games will be in May - most probably one on 2nd May
I hope Man Utd is the 2nd May then. They may be a little weary after nine games in a month.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Happy to play both when they have nothing to play for as such and an eye on Europe - he said in hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here