Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Newcastle game - Aug 27th, 17:30 Kick-off

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe, just maybe, the football league should start to step in and have some kind of veto on games Sky want to show.

Surely it is not beyond the realms of decency to implement a rule that says "if there is no scheduled train service back to the home teams town after the match then it should not be moved" ?

It is a very simple rule but I believe a lot of fans would welcome it

The Football League get paid MILLIONS by Sky, so they're not in a position to start making the rules, even if they could be arsed. Not their problem is it.

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It really makes you wonder if anyone at Sky has the faintest inkling as to the amount of inconvenience, cost, hassle and distress their actions have on real football fans.

This is how much Sky care about Fans attending matches .

giveafuckometer-gif.gif

ALBION28

Jul 26, 2011
DONCASTER
Feel for those travelling up. On top of which away fans get a pretty poor view of the match. We are, if it stays as usual , given seats high in the sky. So pack some binoculars and for us of more advanced years some oxygen.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The Football League get paid MILLIONS by Sky, so they're not in a position to start making the rules, even if they could be arsed. Not their problem is it.

He who pays the piper, calls the tune.

Is the correct, is depressing answer.

The money from Sky represents about 25% of the Albion's revenue.

Our beef isn't with the Albion, or really with the EFL, it's with Sky.

I've cancelled my subscription, costing £750 a year, when the last price rise came through.

if more fans did the same then perhaps Sky would sit up and take notice. Until they do, grab your ankles. It's going to be more expensive every year, and to be honest a Super Sunday of Sunderland v Bournemouth followed by Everton v Palace doesn't do it for me.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I thought we were all going out on the lash after anyway??

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I'm glad it is on TV as I had no plans to go to Newcastle (it's a bloody long way) early in the season. Should give a good boost and I don't like lunch time KO.

Clashes with Hull City v Man United. I'd have prefered it Friday night

http://www.live-footballontv.com/

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I've said it before and I'll say it again, when Sky rearrange fixtures they should lay on a number of coaches ( free of charge ) to appease those supporters wishing to go and who may or may not have had to make a change of travel plans. They could be done up in the Sky livery and give them a bit of PR and show football fans that they are thinking of them.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Newcastle on four times, only once at home.

Villa four times, once at home.

Derby 3, 2 at home

Norwich twice like the Albion (Brighton) Burton once

Sheff Wed 3, twice at home

Leeds twice, both away

Other clubs once, Birmingham, Ipswich, Reading, Cardiff, Burton, Wigan, Preston NE, Fulham, QPR,

Newcastle likely to be on more than last season?

plus EFL Cup matches: Leeds, Villa.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Newcastle on four times, only once at home.

Villa four times, once at home.

Derby 3, 2 at home

Norwich twice like the Albion (Brighton) Burton once

Sheff Wed 3, twice at home

Leeds twice, both away

Other clubs once, Birmingham, Ipswich, Reading, Cardiff, Burton, Wigan, Preston NE, Fulham, QPR,

plus EFL Cup matches: Leeds, Villa.

Right, cool. Thanks for that.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
If anyone on here believed that the away fixture at Newcastle wouldn't be re-arranged by Sky is a complete and utter Moron!!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Guessing this will mean a fair few will miss out due to the lack of available trains home. Hoping to get two extra tickets on general sale when they are out as a few of us are planning a night out in the city afterwards.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Even Stevie Wonder could see this was going to be on SKY , get a few beers in, or go down the boozer as you won't see anything at St.James Park stuck a mile up in the stand

We need to stop watching at the pub, too, so that they also stop giving money to Sky. It's no good complaining when you're part of the problem.

The biggest problem is that not enough are inconvenienced enough to join the boycott. For most, it's better when it's on TV, as they were never going to go anyway.

Luckily for me, we are camping up there all week anyway, so moving the kick off will just mean getting to the pub later.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Palace are on once. Home to Stoke. Very missable!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
The bad thing about this is that I'm now not going and that is Sky's fault. The ******* thing about it is that I'm going to watch it in the pub. On Sky.

I get dicked. Sky get their money.

I thought about this last season; how much traction do you think a fans group would get if fans from up and down the FL got together and started protesting. Turning up to Sky match broadcasts with banners, (before and during the game), letter writing to whatever powers there may be.

Something's got to be done at some point.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here