Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Newcastle Fans

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
Used to have a lot of time for them, but the constant booing of one of our players, who is innocent until proven guilty, and has not yet even been charged with any offence, has shown them up for the twats they are. It was a large contingent doing the booing, not just a few idiots.To those who say we would do the same, well maybe if you are a similar minded brainless moron. Maybe black lives don't matter so much after all.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Don’t understand the whole criticism of them booing Bissouma, when our own away fans (and everything other clubs) would do the exact same thing in those circumstances

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
As I left the ground last night with my son, a Newcastle fan ran up to us and shoved his finger about a foot from my face and screamed:
“Wor fookin’ goalkeepa is ah cheating’ coont!” - before running off again!

…we pissed ourselves laughing ��

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Used to have a lot of time for them, but the constant booing of one of our players, who is innocent until proven guilty, and has not yet even been charged with any offence, has shown them up for the twats they are. It was a large contingent doing the booing, not just a few idiots.To those who say we would do the same, well maybe if you are a similar minded brainless moron. Maybe black lives don't matter so much after all.

What’s the point of your final sentence?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
As I left the ground last night with my son, a Newcastle fan ran up to us and shoved his finger about a foot from my face and screamed:
“Wor fookin’ goalkeepa is ah cheating’ coont!” - before running off again!

…we pissed ourselves laughing ��

I’ve tried Google translate but no joy with this one, an Amazon tribal dialect perhaps?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017

Wasn't even just booing - they made up a chant for him which a lot of them delighted in singing in the train queue, and sang during the game. Large following though, and seemingly a lot of decent fans, but I don't buy into the whole geordies are the greatest people on earth rhetoric: pretty cocky bunch on the whole, full of themselves

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Wasn't even just booing - they made up a chant for him which a lot of them delighted in singing in the train queue, and sang during the game. Large following though, and seemingly a lot of decent fans, but I don't buy into the whole geordies are the greatest people on earth rhetoric: pretty cocky bunch on the whole, full of themselves

Won’t be so cocky when they drop into the championship.

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
What’s the point of your final sentence?

I would have thought it was obvious. What sounded like a majority of their fans chose to spend the entire game abusing a black player, our black player, who has not yet even been charged with any offence. Moments earlier these same away fans stood and applauded the teams taking the knee. Moronic behaviour by a fan base who used to show some class. Those saying we knew it would happen, yes of course we knew, it doesn't make it any less pathetic. I appreciate it wasn't all of them but it was a large number.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

The same chant which our own fans were singing on the train to Norwich and also in the pubs in Norwich. It will happen for as long as Bissouma is at the club.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I would have thought it was obvious. What sounded like a majority of their fans chose to spend the entire game abusing a black player, our black player, who has not yet even been charged with any offence. Moments earlier these same away fans stood and applauded the teams taking the knee. Moronic behaviour by a fan base who used to show some class. Those saying we knew it would happen, yes of course we knew, it doesn't make it any less pathetic. I appreciate it wasn't all of them but it was a large number.

I don't see your point.

They were, in football fan fashion, chanting a 'humourous' ditty related to recent events that has no connection to skin colour whatsoever. Until you mentioned it.Twice.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

At no time yday did I think that they were booing Biss because of his colour. I couldn’t hear all the chanting so could have missed some racial abuse. Was it any different to the abuse that Palace give to Dunk or Albion fans used to give Lee Hughes and countless others in the past?

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
At no time yday did I think that they were booing Biss because of his colour. I couldn’t hear all the chanting so could have missed some racial abuse. Was it any different to the abuse that Palace give to Dunk or Albion fans used to give Lee Hughes and countless others in the past?

At no time did I say they were booing him because of his colour. As we all know they were booing him because they believe he is a sex offender, an offence with which he has not been charged. He happens to be black, so they booed an innocent black man for the entire game. It was no different to that dished out to others, but particularly pathetic after clapping the teams taking the knee, then going on to abuse a black player for the entire game. Not sure what some are having difficulty understanding here, it really is very simple.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
At no time did I say they were booing him because of his colour. As we all know they were booing him because they believe he is a sex offender, an offence with which he has not been charged. He happens to be black, so they booed an innocent black man for the entire game. It was no different to that dished out to others, but particularly pathetic after clapping the teams taking the knee, then going on to abuse a black player for the entire game. Not sure what some are having difficulty understanding here, it really is very simple.

Yeah, he happens to be black and no one made a thing out of that before you suddenly appear to make it about race, which is entirely unnecessary and contraproductive. BLM and similar movement is not about giving black people some kind of special care and privileges: it is about equality, that black people should not be treated worse or given less opportunities than whites.

I'm not saying he should be booed, but his race dont matter in this case. Right or wrong, he would have been treated the same way if he was white, pink or blue. There is absolutely no reason to drag in skin colours into a discussion where it is completely irrelevant.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

It is quite clear why they were booing Biss. It had nothing to do with his colour and nothing to do with BLM. Are you implying that there would have been no booing if Biss was white?

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Are you suggesting that Biss should be treated differently because of the colour of his skin - isn’t that part of the definition of racism?

NogansRun

Aug 8, 2016
Yeah, he happens to be black and no one made a thing out of that before you suddenly appear to make it about race, which is entirely unnecessary and contraproductive. BLM and similar movement is not about giving black people some kind of special care and privileges: it is about equality, that black people should not be treated worse or given less opportunities than whites.

I'm not saying he should be booed, but his race dont matter in this case. Right or wrong, he would have been treated the same way if he was white, pink or blue. There is absolutely no reason to drag in skin colours into a discussion where it is completely irrelevant.

See post 53

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here