Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Zealand v France

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The best team in the world choke again, 3rd World Cup on the trot, love it.

Allez home the Southern Hemisphere

Last edited:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Magnifique

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
f***ing fantastic stuff (again)!

(On Betfair, huge volumes of cash traded on NZ at prices as short as 1/50 during play)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Not sure the ref will be welcome in NZ anytime soon. Made some hugely controversial decisions which all seemed to favour the French. Dodgy sin bin and a forward pass to Michelak being the worst.

Another gripping game though

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The best team in the world choke again, 3rd World Cup on the trot, love it.

Allez home the Southern Hemisphere

That doesn't really count as a choke, does it? I think full credit has to go to the French defence and making something like 190 tackles compared to the 40 or so made by the Kiwis.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That doesn't really count as a choke, does it? I think full credit has to go to the French defence and making something like 190 tackles compared to the 40 or so made by the Kiwis.

Probably not but they put 40 and 60 past France recently and like Australia believed they were going to win just by turning up. Anyway, chokers are what they are known as in the rugby world so who am I to argue?

Not sure the ref will be welcome in NZ anytime soon. Made some hugely controversial decisions which all seemed to favour the French. Dodgy sin bin and a forward pass to Michelak being the worst.

And Your point being......?

Looked a fair sinbin to me.
Anyways, we have a better chnce of reaching the final now.

Now to make it perfect, Fiji beat SA, Scotland beat Argies, Scotland beat Fiji & we beat Frenchies :thumbsup:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Another gripping game though

They were very dubious to say the least especially the sin bin but Allez Les France nonetheless a massive defensive game.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall

France were unbelievable tonight, stopping New Zealand getting over the gain line.

Another superbly worked out victory. Both the Aussies and NZ CLEARLY thought they would not have to work to hard to steamroller us and France.

Enjoys the long flight home boys

:thumbsup:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
And Your point being......?

Looked a fair sinbin to me.
Anyways, we have a better chnce of reaching the final now.

Now to make it perfect, Fiji beat SA, Scotland beat Argies, Scotland beat Fiji & we beat Frenchies :thumbsup:

That an English ref helped secure an easier game for England by some incompetant refereeing :D I'm not unhappy about it though

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
One gutted punter
Only one person will be sweating more than the All Blacks during the rest of the Rugby World Cup - a mystery gambler who has bet A$5 million ($NZ5.8 million) on the team to win the tournament.

The wager - believed to be one of the largest in sports betting history - was placed with Australian bookmaker Betfair.

At odds of $A1.71 the brassy bettor will reap a cool $A8.55 million if the All Blacks can end a 20-year world cup drought.

Betfair refused to discuss the gambler's identity or nationality, but said it was one of the biggest bets ever placed through the site.

Kiwi gamblers, possibly mindful of their team's past cup calamities, have been much more restrained.

TAB head bookie Paul Lally said the biggest bet received on the All Blacks so far was $100,000 - at the shorter odds of $1.55.

He said the multimillion-dollar punt was almost unheard of for a sporting event. "The biggest I've heard of was 1 million on Brazil to beat France in the 1998 football world cup final. "Brazil lost 3-0."

In New Zealand, strong early performances by South Africa and Australia had seen the TAB's odds on the All Blacks lengthen marginally, now up to $1.60.

The Springboks odds have been slashed, from $7 to $4. The Wallabies are third at $7, host nation France $9, and defending champion England is an outsider at $50.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here