Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Zealand v England (Rugby Union)- Match day thread

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Ignoring results there are so many positives to take from this tour so far and really good progress being made by this side

paul wickens

Wicko1
Dec 23, 2011
Great 2nd half by New Zealand and they deserved to win by more than one point but great credit to England for digging in and withstanding such an onslaught. Is it just me or do international refs give the NZ the benefit of the doubt on too many occasions? Forward passes ignored, 'fringeing' at the breakdown, obstructing the tacklers and an obligatory yellow card for England....( has Richie McCaw only ever received ONE yellow card in his 100+ tests) makes you wonder.....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think this is very good, steady progress towards the World Cup where we should have the advantage being at home.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Great 2nd half by New Zealand and they deserved to win by more than one point but great credit to England for digging in and withstanding such an onslaught. Is it just me or do international refs give the NZ the benefit of the doubt on too many occasions? Forward passes ignored, 'fringeing' at the breakdown, obstructing the tacklers and an obligatory yellow card for England....( has Richie McCaw only ever received ONE yellow card in his 100+ tests) makes you wonder.....

Richard Hugh has had just one yellow in his international career. Great at getting away with cheating.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
This has been excellent so far from England. No one in the world can live with New Zealand when they were like those 20 minutes in the second half, if we'd been more clinical in the first half we might have won.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Think NZ took their foot of the gas towards the end.
Not in my view, our replacements helped, but the key to us being more dangerous in the last 10-15 mins was that Tuilagi moved back to a more central role, getting involved as he was last week,..... Twelvetrees and Burrell were very poor, what Eastman did to be dropped from the matchday squad was beyond me.... he was my backs MOM last week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here