Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New York, What hotels to use ? and travel advice please.

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
In Foley's right now. Albion stuff still on the wall.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329344690.953023.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1329344690.953023.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

BHANic

May 9, 2008
Burgess Hill
Stayed in the Beacon Hotel in June last year. Fab hotel and location in upper west side. We stayed in a standard one bedroom apartment and it was a lovely size. I hear there are some really pokey sized rooms in NY hotels but this one really was fab. Located about 5/10 minutes from central park and right near a subway if you want to use it. Hotel is about 40 minutes slow stroll to time square. We walked most of the time though. Some great restaurants and bars nearby too and not overpriced. We'd stay there again without hesitation.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Better to fly to Newark rather than JFK in my opinion - then get a train direct to Penn Station.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Better to fly to Newark rather than JFK in my opinion - then get a train direct to Penn Station.

Agree ... JFK is a hell hole, and newark is quicker to the city usually but I would always get a cab.

Loads of people mentioning how great it is to be close to times square. Not so sure about that. TS is great to visit once but it's a tourist nightmare equivalent of Leicester square I aways try and avoid when I'm in town.

BHANic

May 9, 2008
Burgess Hill
Agree ... JFK is a hell hole, and newark is quicker to the city usually but I would always get a cab.

Loads of people mentioning how great it is to be close to times square. Not so sure about that. TS is great to visit once but it's a tourist nightmare equivalent of Leicester square I aways try and avoid when I'm in town.

I agree re Time Square. Definitely wouldn't fancy staying there. It's one to see, then walk straight through after that! It's pretty central and good for the subway connections though.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Agree completely. If you've not been before, it instinctively feels like somewhere you should be staying near. When you then plan your 2nd visit you'll think the opposite, and that should tell you enough.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I always use the New Yorker hotel just opposite MSG and round the corner from Penn Station.

Flights-wise, I'd recommend Continental from Gatwick to Newark from where, as has been mentioned, you can get a direct train to Penn Station.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here