Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] New Year's Honours

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The petition set up to strip this War Criminal of his honour is approaching 500,000……

I’m assuming there is a petition for him to keep the honour?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
How may of those "signatures" are real?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have to disagree re Whitty but am not happy re Blair who has done little more than stoke his wallet since getting out of office.

Didn’t he sort out the Israeli Palestinian problem ?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The petition set up to strip this War Criminal of his honour is approaching 500,000……

It’s the Queen’s personal decision, not the governments. I don’t think a petition will change it - unless Brenda really hates him and this was her plan all along.

I was anti-war, had the t-shirt and went on the march. I’d do the same again. That said, I have little time for the anti-Blair brigade. He and Brown did a lot of good.

I would have been delighted if he had not gone to war, but it is odd that many of those that now want him in prison were probably imploring the west to do something about Sadam’s atrocities before 9/11.

International politics is a murky affair and if you are at the top table you do have to play politics.

RIP to all the innocent civilians and the soldiers on all sides who lost their lives as a result of politics going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Britain still is (just) a Parliamentary democracy, and certainly were then. The vote from Parliament to endorse UN Security Council Resolution 1441 with Blair committed to resigning if he lost the vote.

412 for - Labour Party (254), Conservative Party (146), Ulster Unionist Party (6), Democratic Unionist Party (5), Independent Conservative (1)

149 against - Labour Party (84), Liberal Democrats (52), Scottish National Party (5), Plaid Cymru (4), Conservative Party (2), Independent Community and Health Concern (1), Social Democratic and Labour Party (1)

RIP to all who lost their lives there

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It’s the Queen’s personal decision, not the governments. I don’t think a petition will change it - unless Brenda really hates him and this was her plan all along.

I was anti-war, had the t-shirt and went on the march. I’d do the same again. That said, I have little time for the anti-Blair brigade. He and Brown did a lot of good.

I would have been delighted if he had not gone to war, but it is odd that many of those that now want him in prison were probably imploring the west to do something about Sadam’s atrocities before 9/11.

International politics is a murky affair and if you are at the top table you do have to play politics.

RIP to all the innocent civilians and the soldiers on all sides who lost their lives as a result of politics going wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The petition won’t change it as it wasn’t set up on the parliament website, that said the grinning Jackanapes would be best advised to decline this honour in honour of all those service personnel and innocent civilians who lost their lives because of the decision he took!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here