Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Year, New Mobile Etc

exeterseagull

May 19, 2008
exeter
Seeking assistance from all of you knowledgeable / techhies out there. I am coming up to the end of my existing contract with BT Mobile that gives me 200 free mins and 200 free texts per month - All for about £40 per month. Obviously that's a little steep now, so am looking for a new mobile phone and tariff...has anyone recently changed theirs and found a good deal ??

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I'm in there too with Vodafone, completely rubbish Tariff thats too expensive and they wont change me to one of the newer ones unless I cancel!?! useless bastards!

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Have a look online. A year ago I got a Vodafone , unlimited minutes, unlimited txts for £25 all in , 18 mth contract but suits me

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Seeking assistance from all of you knowledgeable / techhies out there. I am coming up to the end of my existing contract with BT Mobile that gives me 200 free mins and 200 free texts per month - All for about £40 per month. Obviously that's a little steep now, so am looking for a new mobile phone and tariff...has anyone recently changed theirs and found a good deal ??

I've got a lifetime contract with BT for 200 mins and 200 texts a month - for £11.49 per month. I think you should go back to BT and negotiate a new deal.

exeterseagull

May 19, 2008
exeter
mmm. interesting...you don't work for them perchance...i'm sure i had the same / similar sort of deal but took redundancy this time last year and as an ex-employee they didnt seem to be so keen to offer me such a good deal...:annoyed:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
mmm. interesting...you don't work for them perchance...i'm sure i had the same / similar sort of deal but took redundancy this time last year and as an ex-employee they didnt seem to be so keen to offer me such a good deal...:annoyed:

No never have worked for them either. Simply, when my 18 month contract was coming to an end, I phoned them up and asked them what was the best deal they could offer for me to stay with them. I bartered and bullshitted a bit - told them I'd got great deals elsewhere - which I mostly had actually - and they came up with this. Only thing is, they will not renew my handset, that's down to me - but the deal is a lifetime one and the price will never go up. (and it includes VAT)

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
I've been on Vodafone for years, but for various reasons wanted to change my mobile number. Decided to look around at what would be the best move. I currently have a Blackberry Curve, which I used to use when running my business, but have to pay £10 a month to access the internet on it on top of the £25 I was paying on my price plan

Decided this time I wanted a phone rather than a PDA and chose the Sony W380i in purple. Looking at the various deals around at the moment, realised that I never use the phone enough to justify a new contract so opted for PAYG. Orange were the cheapest, and a after a bit more research found the phone for £85 incl £30 credit which will do me a couple of months. Orange also do PAYG plans whereby if you top up £x you can choose either x texts free or x evening/weekend calls free

I'd take a look at Orange first even if you want a contract as they seemed to me to have the best deals. Plus you get 2 for 1 at the cinema every Wednesday!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here