Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] New Year honours 2024

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Been into three Spoon’s and the recurring theme in all three was of a Guy Ritchie movie but with more wankers.

not a problem with people using them as you can’t argue with cheap beer but f*** me some of the cliental are almost a parody of ‘dodgy geezers’ and Wayne and Waynetta slag.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Been into three Spoon’s and the recurring theme in all three was of a Guy Ritchie movie but with more wankers.

not a problem with people using them as you can’t argue with cheap beer but f*** me some of the cliental are almost a parody of ‘dodgy geezers’ and Wayne and Waynetta slag.
Do all of them have the domestic violence help-line poster to the side of the exit or is this just George Street Hove?

Last edited:

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
It’s not about this.

There are usually always alternatives nearby which not only offer similarly priced fayre but much better surroundings, support the local community and don’t treat their staff like shit . There’s even an app to help you find them.

The Neverspoons app helps you find alternative pubs, bottle shops and breweries away from the main chains.

PS Bloom has his own separate thread.
Wetherspoons are significantly cheaper than any other pub I know.

As for the ambience, I’ve been in a tiny fraction of the nearly 1,000 Wetherspoons pubs in the UK. I fairly regularly go into two (once a month or so). Maybe I’ve struck lucky but I’ve never had a bad experience. They’re spacious, nothing special but acceptable for big town centre pubs, and the staff always seem pleasant and efficient. Your experience may differ. Mind you, I never visit them on a Saturday night which may make a difference. People get a bit hysterical about them. I’m not interested in these sort of holier-than-thou symbolic boycotts, much loved by those on the left. There’s a massive amount of hypocrisy and it irritates me. Just my view based on experience

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Wetherspoons are significantly cheaper than any other pub I know.
Quite so.

In the midst of a cost of living crisis, thrift and VFM takes on a greater significance for many.

Good news - there's the 2nd - 17th January sale coming up.

Brewdog Punk AF is one of the beers advertised. I'm more than happy to drink that at a significantly cheaper price.

Food
Customers can enjoy savings on food, with an offer on the small breakfast (fried egg, bacon, sausage, baked beans and a hash brown).

The pubs will also offer discounts on a range of small plates (including halloumi-style fries, chicken wings and nachos) as part of the ‘3 for’ small plates offer.

There will also be a selection of burgers (to include a soft drink or alcoholic drink, from a choice of 150 drinks) included in the sale: American burger, classic beef burger, crunchy chicken strip burger (all served with chips) and skinny beef burger (served with a side salad).

Drinks
The drinks featured in the sale are draught beers and cider (Sharp’s Doom Bar, Bud Light, Worthington’s, Budweiser and Stowford Press), spirits (Au Vodka and XIX Vodka mixed berry), classic cocktails (Espresso Martini, Strawberry Daiquiri and Tommy’s Margarita) and Corona Tropical seltzers (guava & lime and raspberry & lemon).

The low-alcohol and alcohol-free drinks included in the sale are Erdinger, BrewDog Punk AF, Stella Artois, Heineken 0.0, Kopparberg Strawberry & Lime, Adnams Ghost Ship and Beck’s Blue.

There are also discounts on a range of soft drinks (Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max, R White’s lemonade, Pepsi Max cherry) and Lavazza coffee (with free refills, as well as tea and hot chocolate).

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/news/2023/01/january-sale

wetherspoons january sale.png

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here