Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New TVR in Sussex?

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
nice romantic idea, but no relevent skills in the area. that why types of industry gravitate to a small geography areas, where theres a pool half trained people available.

H'mmm... you could be right. Perhaps it would be better to have it in the middle of the South Downs National Park where there's loads of automotive skills. You know, near Chichester, where the Rolls Royce assembly plant is.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
nice romantic idea, but no relevent skills in the area. that why types of industry gravitate to a small geography areas, where theres a pool half trained people available.

H'mmm... you could be right. Perhaps it would be better to have it in the middle of the South Downs National Park where there's loads of automotive skills. You know, near Chichester, where the Rolls Royce assembly plant is.

Or Shoreham airport where Ricardo have been developing engines from F1 and Bugatti Veyron down to 4 stroke scooters and Have just completed a range of armoured vehicles.

http://www.ricardo.com/ru-RU/Who-we-are/Careers/Ricardo-UK/Shoreham-Technical-Centre-STC/

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Perhaps it would be better to have it in the middle of the South Downs National Park where there's loads of automotive skills. You know, near Chichester, where the Rolls Royce assembly plant is.

fair enough, i didnt know Rolls was in Chicester. thought they were built up north near merseyside.

Or Shoreham airport where Ricardo have been developing engines from F1 and Bugatti Veyron down to 4 stroke scooters and Have just completed a range of armoured vehicles.

i was aware of Ricardo, its why i qualified my comment with "gravitate", there are exceptions (Louts in Norfolk another). as i understood it they do mainly design work and research work at Shoreham, they arent bashing out vehicles there (im pretty sure...)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I guess you imagine that the terraced housing and pub on every corner of the so-called North Laine area was to satisfy the needs of London commuters. Like much of the country Brighton lost many industrial jobs in the 1980s.

Allan West and , CVA which became Kearney & Trecker, were two big engineering employers until the 80s.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
They're back in UK hands. Once famous from Blackpool, but looking for a new factory. How about a new plant in Brighton?

Why? This is quite an odd thread. Any car manufacturer, even one as low rent and crap as TVR would understand Brighton has the capability of voting in a Green council, not ideal for car production. As for this silly nonsense about Shoreham airport? It is not an industrial plant, it's a folly where rich boys and engineering graduates go and play with engines and blue prints.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why? This is quite an odd thread. Any car manufacturer, even one as low rent and crap as TVR would understand Brighton has the capability of voting in a Green council, not ideal for car production. As for this silly nonsense about Shoreham airport? It is not an industrial plant, it's a folly where rich boys and engineering graduates go and play with engines and blue prints.

I think the Green council - or any colour council - would welcome a TVR factory at the Argus building in Hollingbury.

It would be less traffic-making than, say, a proposed IKEA outlet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here