Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Town planned for Sussex

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
It's interesting because LDC are asking Ringmer Parish council to accept anywhere between 50 and 600 new homes up until 2030. There are barely 600 homes in Ringmer as it is, yet the South East plan is asking to potentially nearly double the size of the village.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I'm not suggesting they'll all be working in London, far more likely they'd be commuting to Brighton, Worthing, Littlehampton, Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath, Crawley, Gatwick or Horsham. And it's at worst a 2 mile ride from Mayfields to Hassocks station each way, which would only be around 15 minutes even for the fairly unfit amongst us.

It's no worse than someone living in Ditchling. If you've ever been to Hassocks station on a weekday you'll know that car parks are full to bursting, to the point where the Parish Council are desperately trying to find addition car parking spaces. They know that, however you view it, extra passengers at Hassocks bring in extra business to the Village, even if it's just people stopping off at the Hassocks Hotel.
This could all be true but you're not trying to convince me, you're trying to convince an entire demographic who are, almost by definition, city dwellers. How many yuppies live in Ditching?

If there aren't enough homes for first time buyers they should build homes aimed at first time buyers. That means city flats, or anywhere that won't require someone to pay £25 for a taxi home after a night out.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What if its filled by Londoners like Brighton ?

Why are there so many Nigels coming out of the closet and saying they live in Brighton ? Years ago they would have kept a very low profile about their football supporting inclination.

Why are there so many Nigels coming out of the closet and saying they live in Brighton ? Years ago they would have kept a very low profile about their football supporting inclination.

Must be hell to live in the city you actually football hate - why would they do that , have they no shame ?

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I don't mind more houses, I think we would be better off building something within the A27 and improve the road and rail links.

EDIT: I like the idea of building between Whitehawk, Woodingdean and Rottingdean as pointed out though it wouldn't be allowed as its a ?NP.

Plus the A259 is already at bursting point so they'd have to build some lightrail or metro type system which is ofcourse NEVER going to happen.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here