Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Is it too late to expect the signing of a striker? Do we have our starting line up in place? Even the rumours have dried up, we can't even hope now ha ha.:ffsparr:

With all the professionalism around our club I find it hard to believe we're prepared to go into the season so under gunned as far as the squad is concerned, Part of me is still hoping we'll still sign a few key players in time for the kick off but the big part of me knows we won't and still wonders what the club are f**king around at.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
........... who are just genuinely starting to question how we are to compete in the next few years with other clubs, despite having the biggest attendances and the highest season ticket prices in the division (or one of). We are nowhere near self sufficient at the moment, despite selling our best players and having such high crowds and merchandise sales.........

Yes, it looks pretty grim when you look at it like that. It makes you wonder what the long term future is for the club (and how on earth some of those clubs with less than half the revenue we have expect to survive, heaven knows).

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton
I think we will all be pleasantly suprised at the weekend

Kikikaikai

Charlatan?
May 20, 2014
Brighton

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Plenty of time yet.
24 days of the transfer window
Followed by some loans coming in from the PL squads. (Hopefully the do better than last years loans)
We have plenty of time yet and its not as if the squad we have right now is terrible.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Plenty of time yet.
24 days of the transfer window
Followed by some loans coming in from the PL squads. (Hopefully the do better than last years loans)
We have plenty of time yet and its not as if the squad we have right now is terrible.

I'm not one for slagging off our own players but come on we really hav'nt got a strong squad at the moment, Since the end of last season we've lost 11 players and only brought in 4 so I wouldn't say we've got plenty of time.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The 1st Sept will be fine.
There will be a stack of PL and FL clubs doing tons of business in those final few days and hours.

Regarding the games before then, it's almost damage limitation. If we get some points in the bag, then sign some quality players especially forwards (plural) and a LB by 1st Sept, Hyppia will something to work with.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
I'm not one for slagging off our own players but come on we really hav'nt got a strong squad at the moment, Since the end of last season we've lost 11 players and only brought in 4 so I wouldn't say we've got plenty of time.

I agree the squad is not as good as last 2 years yet.
I do believe we have a competitive starting 11-15 to get us by till then.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
The 1st Sept will be fine.
There will be a stack of PL and FL clubs doing tons of business in those final few days and hours.

Regarding the games before then, it's almost damage limitation. If we get some points in the bag, then sign some quality players especially forwards (plural) and a LB by 1st Sept, Hyppia will something to work with.

All sounds a bit of a wing and a prayer. I would have hoped that the recruitment team would be looking at targets before the end of the season, then doing the donkey work before the window opens, and then get down to business like they did with Toko. Not having to wait until August 31st to see which cast-offs are available.

Even without Ulloa leaving we were several players short. Agree we have a decent first XI, but not much depth especially CB, LB and up front.

Hope we don't end up like Manure last August with Moyes desperately scratching around and ending up paying over the odds for someone who doesn't perform.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
All sounds a bit of a wing and a prayer. I would have hoped that the recruitment team would be looking at targets before the end of the season, then doing the donkey work before the window opens, and then get down to business like they did with Toko. Not having to wait until August 31st to see which cast-offs are available.

Even without Ulloa leaving we were several players short. Agree we have a decent first XI, but not much depth especially CB, LB and up front.

Hope we don't end up like Manure last August with Moyes desperately scratching around and ending up paying over the odds for someone who doesn't perform.

We've been players short since Gus left.no real excitement in signings anymore,the buzz of kms,bridge,pig,Bruno in his first six months ripping teams apart and excitement that's what was filling the Amex,and until that buzz is back there won't be bums on seats and new fan base

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I agree the squad is not as good as last 2 years yet.
I do believe we have a competitive starting 11-15 to get us by till then.

You've got a lot more faith than I have then, Trust me I really hope I'm wrong but going into the first week of the season I'm struggling to see where not just the goals are coming from but who's going to add the creativity to even carve out the chances. We struggled for goals last season and as it stands the one outlet we did have has been sold;

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here