Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Morning all :wave:

Not sure if "fixtures" but heard over the weekend that we shall be signing a new striker this week called Neil Bennett for around 200K. Dont know where from but thought I'd share the wealth to make your Monday morning a little more interesting.

Love and hugs all round x x x x x x

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
Gordon's brother.

Had to get in first

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
One for the future no doubt

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
I cant find anything online about a "Neil Bennett" but TLO threw this up a couple of days ago and seems strange to have heard similar news from a completely unrelated source a few days later :gossip:

Time will tell I guess.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
According to Wiki (!) he's a goalkeeper playing for Partick Thistle (sometimes?). Sounds like he's just what we need. :clap:

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
One for the future no doubt

If Murray does go (and I really hope he does not), do we need somebody with no experiance now? it's alright buying for the future and bring them through, but to drop them into the 1st team squad is a no no. We need some real experiance in the team.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
We need to buy someone who has proven they can score 20+ goals in this division. That is the only way to make sure that we will be challenging for the play offs. We potentially have that in Murray, but obviously he will be going soon so we have to find that player. Lambert would have been perfect, Sharp would be. Who else fits the bill that we could lure with a bit of loot?

Last edited:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
We need to buy someone who has proven they can score 20+ goals in this division. That is the only way to make sure that we will be challenging for the play offs. We potentially have that in Murray, but obviously he will be going soon so we have to find that player. Lambert would have been perfect, Sharp would be. Who else fits the bill that we could lure with a bit of loot?

I am afraid that that is gonna be very expensive! Billy Sharp £1M, Beckford £2M? Lambert went for £1M.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I am afraid that that is gonna be very expensive! Billy Sharp £1M, Beckford £2M? Lambert went for £1M.

Indeed. I think it is a case of whether Bloom wants to really go for promotion this season or not. There is an arguement that the division is very tough this year and therefore we should just consolidate. However it could be just as tough next year. You could argue there about 8 teams strong enough to go up this year, which leaves at least five next year plus whoever comes down, who may be just as strong, or up (including Notts County) who may be even stronger. This year may actually be easier as other teams gel together. Personally I would spunk the cash now to ensure we are challenging both this year and next, to give us double the chance of getting to the Championship for Falmer. At the end of the day there is an element of luck in getting promoted (injuries etc) and therefore I would rather have two bites of the cherry than just the one if being in the championship is so critical to Falmer.

£1million now would in my view be worth it in terms of bums on seats at Falmer.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Indeed. I think it is a case of whether Bloom wants to really go for promotion this season or not. There is an arguement that the division is very tough this year and therefore we should just consolidate. However it could be just as tough next year. You could argue there about 8 teams strong enough to go up this year, which leaves at least five next year plus whoever comes down, who may be just as strong, or up (including Notts County) who may be even stronger. This year may actually be easier as other teams gel together. Personally I would spunk the cash now to ensure we are challenging both this year and next, to give us double the chance of getting to the Championship for Falmer. At the end of the day there is an element of luck in getting promoted (injuries etc) and therefore I would rather have two bites of the cherry than just the one if being in the championship is so critical to Falmer.

£1million now would in my view be worth it in terms of bums on seats at Falmer.

I would be loathe to spend a million on one player even if we had that sort of money to spend, I would rather spend it on 2 players (a creative midfielder and a striker) I do think we need another striker especially if Murray goes but would like to see Davies and Dickinson progress

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I would be loathe to spend a million on one player even if we had that sort of money to spend, I would rather spend it on 2 players (a creative midfielder and a striker) I do think we need another striker especially if Murray goes but would like to see Davies and Dickinson progress

Well I agree we need a midfielder, but the priority has to be a forward I would say. £750k on a striker then, £250k on a midfielder.

Can't see that Davies/Dickinson would get us the necessary goals.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
how abut 600k on a striker and 400k on a midfielder?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here