Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker - Trevor Benjamin

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I hope im not the only 1 but im really excited by this! Him and knight could link up well good and all we need to get is a decent creative midfielder and were away! Were going to need to start getting down the wings and hopefully ogh can get back to his best!

Well done mark!
:clap:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's not Roberts it's Benjamin

Trevor Benjamin on loan from Leicester. Confirmed on official site

Would have been happy with either, shame it's just a loan though

Last edited:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Albion are set to sign Premiership striker Trevor Benjamin on loan from Leicester City, initially for one month - and the 6'2" 24-year-old centre-forward will go straight into the squad for Saturday's crunch game with QPR. Manager Mark McGhee said, "It's been well documented that Bob Booker and I have been trying to find another forward ever since I arrived here. I am pleased that Micky Adams and Leicester have agreed to let Trevor come here on loan, and that he is keen to sign for us. "He is hungry for first-team football, and has already proved himself at this level and higher. He will give us an extra option up front, and compliment our existing strikers." Albion Chairman Dick Knight, who tied up the deal with Leicester boss Micky Adams on Tuesday, is delighted that McGhee has boosted his squad ahead of Saturday's match with QPR, and thanked former manager Adams, "We have been working very hard to add experience and strength up front, but there's enormous competition for strikers. We're very grateful to Micky, because Trevor certainly fits the bill." After scoring nine goals last season, and helping Leicester win promotion back to the Premiership, Benjamin has found it difficult to break into City's first team this season. Les Ferdinand and Paul Dickov have been in fine form for the Foxes; hence Benjamin recently had a loan spell with Rushden & Diamonds, where he started five matches for Brian Talbot's side, and scored one goal. He also had a similar spell with First Division Gillingham in September, scoring once in three starts. Benjamin began his career with Cambridge United, where he scored 46 goals in 146 games. That persuaded the then-Leicester boss Peter Taylor to pay £1.5m for his services in the summer of 2000. He has also spent time on loan with Crystal Palace, West Brom and Norwich. Watch Trevor Benjamin's first Albion TV interview on Seagulls World later this afternoon, plus reaction from manager Mark McGhee.

Last edited:

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
From the article on the official site it sounds like it could be made long term if things work out with the loan.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I hope im not the only 1 but im really excited by this! Him and knight could link up well good and all we need to get is a decent creative midfielder and were away! Were going to need to start getting down the wings and hopefully ogh can get back to his best!

Well done mark

:clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Can he bring Paul Brooker with him?

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Well thanks go to MA it would appear. I wonder if we asked for Brooker back at the same time?

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
Very good signing - well done McGhee, i'm really pleased. The guy is quick, strong, big and will score goals at this level.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
But what about a permanent signing, on Sky news last night they reported that Fatboy Slims money was for "Buying Players" not to pay the wages.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased we've got a bit of class on loan, but we need permanent,.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
GUNTER said:
Very good signing - well done McGhee, i'm really pleased. The guy is quick, strong, big and will score goals at this level.

You'd hope so. Presumably Rushden weren't that impressed - he finished a loan with them a few days back. One goal in 5 starts and 1 sustitute appearance.

Certainly the physical presence we need. Just need some supply now...

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
From the myfootballnews website - classic quote, it made me laugh. He is a good player though! :lolol:

"Rushden hit back in the second half as Paul Hall thumped the post with a fierce shot, while Onandi Lowe's free-kick looked goal-bound until team-mate Trevor Benjamin got in the way and headed it wide"

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
GUNTER said:

"Rushden hit back in the second half as Paul Hall thumped the post with a fierce shot, while Onandi Lowe's free-kick looked goal-bound until team-mate Trevor Benjamin got in the way and headed it wide"

Ohh dear :lolol: ,

Cheers Mickey :clap:,

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think he could be useful, we need someone with a bit of power up front as our other centre forward is not the man when we start resorting to long balls.

Plus QPR will have to think a bit longer about targeting Leon if they have a big bloke like Benjamin to keep an eye on.

I'm happy with it, Brighton Rock didn't seem to think he did too badly when he was on loan to Palace last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here