Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker - Tony Bloom

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake on a short-term deal until January to prove his fitness?

Bloody hell. I just 'wiki-ed' him, and didn't realise he was a free agent!! He would be a decent signing for someone, but it would probably be January before he is match fit.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Sylvan Ebanks-Blake on a short-term deal until January to prove his fitness?

Although that would be a good move, if it was going to happen, then surely it happens the day after Ulloa's injury. Then we'd have had teh International break to get his fitness going a bit.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bloody hell. I just 'wiki-ed' him, and didn't realise he was a free agent!! He would be a decent signing for someone, but it would probably be January before he is match fit.

Should fit in well with the rest of the team then.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If we are going to get a striker then it will be today now the international break is over. I still think it will be Harry kane

I think if we get one before Saturday it will be tomorrow, as the 93 days then includes another game at the end.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Although that would be a good move, if it was going to happen, then surely it happens the day after Ulloa's injury. Then we'd have had teh International break to get his fitness going a bit.

He's been training with Ipswich since mid September, so must not be too far off being match fit.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think if we get one before Saturday it will be tomorrow, as the 93 days then includes another game at the end.

A good point.

Tony has about 160 million + credits in the good chairman bank, but his statement on this is looking rather foolish if we aren't getting 1 or 2 strikers in on loan.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

My thinking too , why sign someone today which means their loan will finish a day before another game.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Interesting tweet:

[tweet]390482475337928704[/tweet]

‏@PaulCamillin
#inBloomwetrust

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Somebody has got to be able to run to the near post as second striker (at the expense of one winger).

It is unbelievable we haven't be able to find anyone to do this in two years. Macca is not great shakes. He can run to the near post but when he gets there he misses. Dobbie was hopeless.

My thinking is one of the current players could learn to do this and save the expense of another striker. Barnes is instinctive and we need a player with a bit of nous.

I would be inclined to try Lualua out in this Suarez role pushing him forward. I think it would take a bit of time, but if could adapt at least he would get regular starts. I think his injury is hampering his twisting and turning at the moment.

Zaha would be a good choice.

Last edited:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
100% someone coming in by Friday possibly tmz. pacey not chasey!

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
how did you guess. Could you imagine Owen playing for us ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here