Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New striker signing can be made today and then still play in the play offs. So today?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My money is on us signing someone but it won't be today. It doesn't need to be today. Arguably we have sufficient fit options for the games coming up and therefore no need to rush. Would be very surprised and a tad disapppointed if we signed no one before the loan window closed. When is this by the way?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
My money is on us signing someone but it won't be today. It doesn't need to be today. Arguably we have sufficient fit options for the games coming up and therefore no need to rush. Would be very surprised and a tad disapppointed if we signed no one before the loan window closed. When is this by the way?

23rd March I believe.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Another OP that starts with a statement including !! as if it's a FACT. (We seem to be getting a lot of these lately).

Think a "Will we sign a new striker" (with ?? not !!) would have been closer to the point.

Agreed! So I've changed the thread title. Too annoying for words.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
23rd March I believe.

It wouldn't surprise me if we jogged along a bit with the current players until close to that date before signing someone just for the final push.

Don't forget we haven't yet lost a game with Baldock and Hemed starting. Only if one of them get injured do we have a problem, and then we have BZ.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
First you need to ask yourselves do we need a striker?

In my opinion we currently do not. Since the January transfer window we have filled our team with creativity and as such I expect our strikers to continue scoring as they have been. In addition to that Murphy, Knockaert, Kaz and Skalak all have goals in them, along with Stephens and Kayal.

I don't believe we have had one goal from our backline this season so we can hope that before the end of the season they may chip in with a couple too.

Personally I would rather count on a strong team game, rather than pin our hopes on one striker.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With Hemed's upturn in confidence I don't think we need anyone. We have Zamora, Baldock, Hemed and Wilson, with Murphy and Skalak also as occasional options.

More than enough.

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Ooo yay another speculation nonsense thread about this! Can't wait for it to get to 90 pages of arguments about whether Hemed is better than Messi and if we could maybe get Messi because he quite likes fish and chips...:ffsparr:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
When does the emergency loan window close? I'm wondering how long we'll have to have the Murray discussion if he doesn't sign.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
We don't need anyone. We've got a great squad, players coming back from injury and couple good signings in window. We're done with transfers, we now just need to cheer the lads on and with a bit of luck we might be going up this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here