Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Striker Lined Up.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
As I mentioned on twitter, I have it from an impeccable source that the loan has been agreed, and the only variable is when Oscar decides to start the deal, taking into account the players available and the way he wants to play. It could be that Oscar decides we're ok with Ulloa and say Buckley for the Reading & QPR games. Leaving it a week or so also has the advantage of giving extra games at the end of the loan period.

This agrees with the Argus story. The player himself isn't one mentioned above.

I've heard it's Lionel Messi for 20p a month.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
As I mentioned on twitter, I have it from an impeccable source that the loan has been agreed, and the only variable is when Oscar decides to start the deal, taking into account the players available and the way he wants to play. It could be that Oscar decides we're ok with Ulloa and say Buckley for the Reading & QPR games. Leaving it a week or so also has the advantage of giving extra games at the end of the loan period.

This agrees with the Argus story. The player himself isn't one mentioned above.

So you got the Argus early. Big deal.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

No, as I was asked not to mention it. It's not someone in the same class as Guidetti or that sort of striker. It's someone who will be cover for Ulloa, and happy to be on the bench.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
No, as I was asked not to mention it. It's not someone in the same class as Guidetti or that sort of striker. It's someone who will be cover for Ulloa, and happy to be on the bench.

A player coming on loan who will be happy to sit on the bench. Your story was mildy believable up to that point. Clubs don't loan players out for them to sit on the bench. They loan them out to get the game time so they improve. Also what decent player is happy on the bench?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A player coming on loan who will be happy to sit on the bench. Your story was mildy believable up to that point. Clubs don't loan players out for them to sit on the bench. They loan them out to get the game time so they improve. Also what decent player is happy on the bench?

We shall see. I wasn't suggesting they would sit on the bench 100% of the time. They are not too dissimilar to Ulloa, so they would cover when he's injured / tired and play 30 mins in many games. This person has played at this level on loan before.

Doubt me if you want, it doesn't bother me. I don't have a track record of bullshitting.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We shall see. I wasn't suggesting they would sit on the bench 100% of the time. They are not too dissimilar to Ulloa, so they would cover when he's injured / tired and play 30 mins in many games. This person has played at this level on loan before.

Doubt me if you want, it doesn't bother me. I don't have a track record of bullshitting.

Kane or Obika?

Last edited:

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος

I recall plenty of porkies about the weather :p

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

They also loan them out just to get them off the wage bill, and sometimes to allow them bring in someone else in another area of the pitch that needs strengthening/support. Sometimes it's just fair, loan out someone who is fifth or sixth in the chain at your team so that they can be number two elsewhere, you don't lose anything, it creates goodwill with a team you might be interested in doing business with, increases the chances of it being known that player is available should someone want to buy him. Gives the player a greater chance of game time - ten minutes at the the end of a game either as an added attacking option or to rest the main man is better than sat in the stands every week.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Clubs also loan players out if they don't want to pay all their salary. Doyle would be perfect for our bench IMHO & Wolves would simply adore getting a % of his Premier League salary paid. However I was hoping for some flair, a number 10 who could sit behind Ulloa & create not a has been who is there as cover.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here