Votes: 105 61.0%
  • Bedwetter

Votes: 67 39.0%

• Total voters

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Will we have to make a panic buy? There’s absolutely no fecking chance we can sneak through until January with just Maupay and Connolly. I’m sure the club are doing everything they can, and I do n have every faith in them, but I will admit to being a touch green eyed when I see Newcastle, Leeds, Palace and Villa splashing out on forwards.

Bognor Seagull

Dec 2, 2011
Will we have to make a panic buy? There’s absolutely no fecking chance we can sneak through until January with just Maupay and Connolly. I’m sure the club are doing everything they can, and I do n have every faith in them, but I will admit to being a touch green eyed when I see Newcastle, Leeds, Palace and Villa splashing out on forwards.

It’s the same every season with us. Clearly our ceiling is 15th in the league. Can’t see us hitting the ceiling this campaign without ammunition up front

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
It’s the same every season with us. Clearly our ceiling is 15th in the league. Can’t see us hitting the ceiling this campaign without ammunition up front

Indeed, and the folks running the club know firepower is needed, and there’s no way we’re spending less than £1m in a transfer window. There will definitely be something happening, but I get a tad impatient around about this time during the season.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I’m holding fire as they can’t be stupid enough to go into a Premier league season with 2 strikers one of which is still very raw.

Well I think they can. Let's be frank; in the 11 years of TB we haven't signed a single 'blow me down' striker, except getting Muzza back, who TB admits we should never have sold in the first place. (NB AK is officially a winger so doesn't count). CMS, Hemed, Andone, Locadia, need we say more. Much as I admire the way the club is run, I cant quite reconcile the financial prudence with the need to score at least 10 more goals per season to ensure the top 10 ranking that TB aspires to. Yes, Burnley and Sheff U have made top 10 with a meagre GF, but I don't think that is sustainable.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
THere can't be much financial difference between 30 000 shit the bed scenarios x 38 games . . . . and the cost of a reasonable striker.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm a natural better but rate Maupay and Connolly. Could do with a backup though.

Agreed . . . .trouble is they need goalscoring competition.

I said Trossard is our best natural finisher, a few of his goals just happened . . . . . flicks touches, guide it in . . . .thats a goal scorers instinct, as Murray has.

COnnolly and Maupay are both hard grafters . . .. for an out and out goal scorer they both look like theyre trying too hard and not succeeding as well as they might as a concequence. They need a foil/accomplice, like Heskey to Owen . . . . or stright goal scoring competition to ge tthem to up their game.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hate to say it but i am getting a bit of moisture on my sheets at night now

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Tomer Hemed still available, was prolific at Charlton

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Well I think they can. Let's be frank; in the 11 years of TB we haven't signed a single 'blow me down' striker, except getting Muzza back, who TB admits we should never have sold in the first place. (NB AK is officially a winger so doesn't count). CMS, Hemed, Andone, Locadia, need we say more. Much as I admire the way the club is run, I cant quite reconcile the financial prudence with the need to score at least 10 more goals per season to ensure the top 10 ranking that TB aspires to. Yes, Burnley and Sheff U have made top 10 with a meagre GF, but I don't think that is sustainable.

You missed “who’s that man from Argentina” who would qualify as a true success having had no previous/known association like Muzza did.
Maupay is also good, and Andone is a good player, so they got that right from a playing perspective.

But still many more misses than hits.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
97fe76b59873c2deaa1ad0d52b780ef8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2020/09/michy-batshuayi-passes-medical-crystal-palace-permanent-move-option-loan-deal/

Last turkey in the shop for us.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I closed my eyes and hoovered back between licker & bedwetter counted to lucky 13 and pressed the clicker.....

Pretty much like the recruitment team, over their striker alternatives....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here