• Licker

Votes: 105 61.0%
  • Bedwetter

Votes: 67 39.0%

• Total voters

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
I’m neither yet, I’m a realist though, there are 4 weeks of this window left so no panic however if we do not sign a striker this window I think we will struggle badly.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am confident that the club are doing all they can to bring in a striker. If it fails then it won't be for the want of trying.

It's the same every transfer window and as we all know upfront is the hardest position to find someone for.

If we don't find someone that can score regularly we are going to struggle I think but that is where we are at. It's an unpopular opinion and I hope I am proved wrong but I don't think Maupay is the answer.

Brewster is an exciting prospect though, if he is the best we can get I think I'd be fairly happy. Would obviously prefer a mature striker in his pomp but that ain't going to happen

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Brewster permanently (granted with a buy back clause) would be the best option. Can't see us overpaying else we'd have taken somebody over the past 7 or 8 years when striker has been our obvious need. Likes of Batshuyi(sp) or Origi would be examples of that I'm sure we'd all like to take a gamble on as if they cost us a lot (in wages) but gain us success they'd pay for themselves.

Gyorkes and Connolly to come through and Maupay is a good second striker in a squad. We could just use one more since Andone turned out to be mildly mental despite us tracking him for years.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
97fe76b59873c2deaa1ad0d52b780ef8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Torn. On the one hand, I trust the recruitment team based on the work they've done in this and last summer. On the other hand, we really are at bare bones level for an absolutely crucial position, and IMHO failure to bring in another striker is simply not an option. As said elsewhere, if Maupay is injured for any length of time with our current squad we're in serious, serious do-do.

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
I’m a bedwetter on this. It was obvious last season that we needed a pacy wide attacker and a striker who links up play and can put the ball in the net. Along with a left back who offers an attacking threat (much though I like Burn). So far, with less than a week to go, we’ve swapped Montoya for Veltman and Mooy for Lallana and done nothing to correct our major problem. So disappointing when I feel we are 3 players from having a really good side.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Guess I had to vote bedwetter.

I'll be surprised if we sign anyone now and I'm surprised getting someone in wasn't more of a priority that the marquee signing of Lallana (who I'm delighted we got in)

If the management are happy, then so be it. Let's crack on!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Bedwetter. This is madness. They have had SEVEN YEARS

So the period where Glenn plugged the gap admirably wasn’t enough?

Technically they’ve had 2 years in my eyes [last season clearly and to an extent the season before but they’d argue Maupay plugged that hole] but yes I’m still a bed wetter given Murray/Gyökeres has gone/is going.

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
I’m holding fire as they can’t be stupid enough to go into a Premier league season with 2 strikers one of which is still very raw. Just can’t believe it’s a position we’ve needed to strengthen for 4-5 years and we are now worse off than anytime before. Come on Tony and the team put us out of our misery.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Guess I had to vote bedwetter.

I'll be surprised if we sign anyone now and I'm surprised getting someone in wasn't more of a priority that the marquee signing of Lallana (who I'm delighted we got in)

If the management are happy, then so be it. Let's crack on!

We’ve got almost 4 more weeks of this transfer window. This arrangement of it ending after some PL games have been played, is a resort to normal (after the never to be repeated unique to England early cut off in 2019).

I think there’ll be a load of major transfer business in the three weeks after this weekend, including by the Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here