Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Signings

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I saw Peter Andre househunting in the Brighton area - maybe he is going to sign.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
We'll hold back announcing the significant and impressive 7-8 new signings until all are done deals to avoid the respective clubs realising the extent of funds available to us and hiking up their prices.

Alternatively we will just arse around until the end of summer sales when we can pick up a load of old shit and pass it off as inspired signings for the future, or in the case of some tired old lag, much needed experience that we fought tooth and nail to secure over the whole summer.

I'm always confident it will be the first scenario so am untroubled by the lack of news so far.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
A question mark might have been a good idea in the thread title, I got all excited over nothing.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Anyone know how many new players Slade wants to bring in? Adams wanted 5-6 and got them over the summer but Slade hasn't mentioned what he would like to bring in i don't think.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Slade said midfield needs a total re-build, which is obvious... he also mentioned a keeper, or was that White? We will also need a lb IMHO, even if JM gets fit in time for start of season... ALL positions need cover, including his...

Level 42

Gecko
Aug 14, 2003
Southwick
Copied from the BBC site:

Transfers - May 2009
The transfer window is now closed for signings for the remainder of the season.

Premier League, Football League and Scottish Premier League clubs cannot sign any players, on loan or full transfers, until the transfer window ahead of the 2009/10 season opens on 1 July.
Outside of the transfer windows, any club may still sign players on an emergency basis (such as if they had no goalkeepers available) with the permission of their competition's governing body, such as the Premier League.

Players who are out of contract and do not have a club, can be signed outside of the transfer window if they are unattached free agents when the window closes.

The transfer window does not apply to clubs below Blue Square Premier level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here