Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New sign above the East Stand

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Now the stadium name has been tweaked (no more ’Community’ in the title) it seems the club/Amex have taken the chance to add new signage. The seemingly illuminated ‘American Express Stadium’ prefixed by the club badge looked really classy on TV. Is there matching signage above the West Stand?

By the way, good installation Rookie!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
IMG_5140.jpeg

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
The stadium looked much smarter on MOTD with the pitch surround being painted too.

At the Fulham game last year I noticed the ground looks a little tired in places.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Now the stadium name has been tweaked (no more ’Community’ in the title) it seems the club/Amex have taken the chance to add new signage. The seemingly illuminated ‘American Express Stadium’ prefixed by the club badge looked really classy on TV. Is there matching signage above the West Stand?

By the way, good installation Rookie!
No, but there's an illuminated (it looked like) sign over the tunnel.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Almost looks like there has been a typo and somebody has tried to 'XXXXXX' it out, it was not illuminated on Saturday, will it be? I still believe the supporting frame looks tacky.
Agree looks awful

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Almost looks like there has been a typo and somebody has tried to 'XXXXXX' it out, it was not illuminated on Saturday, will it be? I still believe the supporting frame looks tacky.
It's clearly been designed to light up for night games. Wonder how much of a distraction it'll be for those sat directly opposite?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Yeh, who thought to have the background in white. We do play games in daylight as well!

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Patience dear boy/girl/other!!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Are the blue and white striped walls in the back of the NE and SW corners new too?
Yes.

"We paint where we want.
We paint where we waaaaaaaaant
We're Brighton and Hove Albion, we paint where we want."

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, but there's an illuminated (it looked like) sign over the tunnel.
With hindsight I reckon the sign itself is highly reflective of lighting. Which would be why I thought it might be illuminated itself, it really did good look good on TV.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here