Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New seats

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
In Tony Bloom's column in Saturday's programme he states that we're "confident of planning approval for the 8,000 additional seats in the next few days" - certainly soon then.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It will be a yes I expect as I believe everything is ready to start work ASAP

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I understood it that decision has been granted already just being rubber stamped this week, NG bailey the sparks on the job have already commenced work

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
There is phase 2 and 3 think this summer is east upper, south corners. Then north corners and south stand hospitality at a later date I think

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Don't think NE corner will be filled in, it is the fire exit and also where the ambulance or fire engine would come in. This is what one the security guys told me.

D

Deleted member 18477

Don't think NE corner will be filled in, it is the fire exit and also where the ambulance or fire engine would come in. This is what one the security guys told me.

Some seats will go in the NE, But no it won't be a complete corner like the other 3 because of the emergency exit.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
in the saints programme it shows the south west corner with three tiers and aslo North west, I understand the north corners wont be filled just yet but will the three tiered Sw corner be completed this summer?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Does anyone know what Jack Straws plans are for a dozen or so Fridays through the summer?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I understood it that decision has been granted already just being rubber stamped this week, NG bailey the sparks on the job have already commenced work

No. That was the Council officers who recommended approval.

The committee can still reject it - though what reasons they would give would be pretty psychedelic, and the political fall-out would be horrendous.

These are the planning committee members...

Green
Phelim MacCafferty (Chair) - Brunswick & Adelaide
Ian Davey - St Peter's & North Laine Ward
Amy Kennedy - Preston Park Ward
Christopher Hawtree - Central Hove
Christina Summers - Hollingdean & Stanmer

Conservative
Lynda Hyde (Deputy Chair) - Rottingdean Coastal
Carol Theobald - Patcham Ward
Denise Cobb - Westbourne Ward
Geoff Wells - Woodingdean

Labour
Bob Carden (Opposition Spokesperson) - North Portslade Ward
Leslie Hamilton - South Portslade Ward
Leigh Farrow - Moulsecoomb & Bevendean

The meeting is on Wednesday at 2pm, and you can watch it all on the Council webcam.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Really can't wait to see the Stadium with the new seats. Going to be absolutely fantastic

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Assuming the extra seats are in place for August (6,000 is it ?), does anyone think we will sell out next season ?

I would hope and expect at least 90% of the current STH's will renew, and the current season ticket waiting list will obviously be be satiated. But it'll be interesting to see if the novelty value will be a factor, or if the extra capacity means people will hang back on committing to a season ticket in favour of getting tickets as and when.

Regardless, I can't wait to see these seats go in, to properly balance out the inside. Its going to look fantastic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here